Are the Studios prepared for the Star Wars Crowds?

JIMINYCR

Sure will be an issue. I cant remember any crowd issue that Disney preplanned for that was affective. They have been fortunate that the massive flow of guests to the exits have been relatively orderly. I have seen a few guests get ankled and bumped, a few near falls, but so far havent witnessed pandemonium with guests being trampled and injured. I think being at Disney results in most guests having a form of Be considerate of others when leaving the stadium thinking.

KikoKea

Parking lots will be full and the place will be packed, but that's a given seeing how everyone is starved for something new at HS. I'm hoping they will make the pathways and doors to shops wider for better traffic flow and have plenty of bathrooms. There's no excuse for not having convenient bathrooms and plenty of 'em. (Funny how your priorities change as you get older;))

Wendy Pleakley

It's too soon to worry about crowd control issues that may occur due to Star Wars in the park.

Will the park be busier? Sure, but the hours will likely change. If the park is open later there may be a better distribution of crowds after fireworks and Fantasmic, with some people leaving and some people staying.

cheezbat

Simple answer?

Heck no.

If Disney was smart they would build up numerous other options BEFORE Star Wars land opens at this pitiful park. Toy Story Land is NOT going to be anywhere near enough to help spread out the crowds. Maybe if they opened three new lands with about ten attractions between them then yes I think the park would be okay...but seeing as how this seems to be phase 2 of the park redo, I expect insane crowds and massive lines at guest services once it opens.

FutureCEO

While at the Studios last month, we couldn't help but notice the TREMENDOUS crowd and their mass exodus after the fire works show!! We arrived (from Epcot) around 6:15, took in the Great Movie Ride and Muppet Show, and then (7:15ish) strolled over to ToT. We rod it repeatedly until the que gate closed. That was around 8:10 or so. We were stoked to have ridden it so many times, and didn't understand why we were so lucky; we rode it at least 5 times, maybe more as it was ride, run, get back in the Hotel Lobby and repeat the process.

When the ride finally closed, we headed for the gate, and didn't even make it down Hollywood BLVD!! SO MANY PEOPLE (who had just watched the fireworks) WERE LEAVING!! We went back the next night and same thing...neither was an EME and the park closed at 8:00. Luckily we drove, and didn't have to wait for a bus or that would have been miserable!!

Is TDO ready for this? The Star Wars take over of the Park hasn't really even started, and already there seems to be issues!!

Any thoughts? Or are we crazy?

lack of rides so I'm not sure

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I noticed the Studios had issues with crowd control this past Thanksgiving with it being the last year for the Osborne Lights...so I can imagine how packed it will be when everything is completed for SWL. Maybe AK and the new Avatarland will help. OMG maybe we will see wait times for Soarin and 7DMT and Peter Pan under 30 minutes

To be fair...that's during the holiday season. It's going to be out of hand.

JasonDeyoung

I was just talking to my gf about this last week as we were exiting studios after the fireworks. The crowd exiting and then the flow of the fantasmic coming out at same time made hollywood Blvd horrible trying to exit the park. They for sure(which I have heard rumor of) need to build another exit to help the congestion before SWL is here. Maybe not do fireworks at park close? Like mk does them an hour or two prior to closing which IMHO helps with crowds a lot. I dunno but they def need a plan if they don't have one already

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I was just talking to my gf about this last week as we were exiting studios after the fireworks. The crowd exiting and then the flow of the fantasmic coming out at same time made hollywood Blvd horrible trying to exit the park. They for sure(which I have heard rumor of) need to build another exit to help the congestion before SWL is here. Maybe not do fireworks at park close? Like mk does them an hour or two prior to closing which IMHO helps with crowds a lot. I dunno but they def need a plan if they don't have one already
Shoulda seen tha stampede this past weekend....

wendysue

We watched the HS fireworks from the top balcony of one of the POP buildings. We could see the whole show and not have to fight for a bus. It was great! We watched it every night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom