Are ride vehicles routinely cleaned?

GymLeaderPhil

Original Poster
I imagine it's much easier to clean off boats/coasters with no speakers, but cleaning all of the other vehicles must be a huge pain doing it manually.

Or is there some sort of omnimover/emv/moving theater car wash on property? :lookaroun

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They're made of certain materials for a reason - low upkeep.

But they are checked each day for debris, largers ones are vaccumed, all of them are swept (many times during the day) and blatant goo gets wiped off.

TheDisneyMagic

I believe the horses on Cinderella's Golder Carousel are regualrly repainted or replaced, I remember seeing loads of them being painted ready for a change over when I went on the Backstage Magic tour.

ImaYoyo

Not NEARLY enough. On a hot-day, the splash mountain hand bars and pads smell like steaming garbage. It's disgusting. I make it a point to never touch any ride/attraction hand-bars, and if I do, I wash my hands right away. I started carrying disposable lysol wipes with me to wipe some of them down... And anytime I'm working in the 4 parks, I ask someone for Sani-wipes, and usually go through an entire container just wiping down rails since no one else does.

On a cleaner-note though, the bars at P.I. and both water parks are THOUROUGHLY cleaned. The sidewalks at both water parks are bleached multiple times per week.

imagine_82

as fun as the idea of an omnimover car wash is (hehe), i think it's mainly good ol' elbow grease. most of the ride vehicles are that hard plastic that is easy to clean, or just spray disinfect...it's the mushy bits (like on the splash handles) that absorb sweat, germs etc. best not to think about it really...just avoid the handrails at all costs.

yay magical microbials! *ick*

Captain Hank

On a related note: park strollers are sanitized by hand after every use, and again each morning. I can personally attest to both of those. :)

Rolf

What I think they do is take out some vehicles throughout the day, clean them, then put them back on the ride all without you really knowing.

AstareGod

On a cleaner-note though [...] the sidewalks at both water parks are bleached multiple times per week.
I can attest to this. I think almost every time I went into work, they were either being bleached and/or pressure washed. I know, I could smell it! I imagine they do that at the four main parks as well.

SleepingMonk

When I was a little kid I thought that once you got off a ride the cart went through a mini spraywash and was all cleaned up.

Then one time they let us sit in the doombuggy from unload to load and ride over and over.

Crushed that fantasy real quick.

devoy1701

I have a feeling that the soft gel/foam materail that is used on handlebars or restraints on some rides are probably made of bacteria resistant foam...sorta like the foam used to make Crocs...

raven

Each vehicle on most rides are cleaned every night, even the omni movers. The only one that is a pain to do, in my opinion, is SSE due to the climb.

mcjaco

When I lost my cell phone, the HM cast member told me if it was in an omnimover they'd find by the end of the evening, as they clean and sweep each one at the end of the day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Kind of OT - in HM load the last bat shaped queue rope holder before you switch back has been replaced at least once that I know of since it got worn down to a shaped blob - since virtually every single guest who rides the attraction holds it as they turn the corner.

The omnimovers aren't that bad though, they'd just get sprayed and wiped quickly while in the load/unload area, rather than climb all over, why do all that extra work? Also, if there is a serious problem on an omnimover (protein spill), such as Mansion, a CM will ride in that car and clean away while riding the attraction and should be done when they come back to the unload area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom