Are magic bands safe to wear?

G00fyDad

Not in the security sense, but physically. I don't know much about RFID technology but is there any potential danger in wearing them as an accessory after your trip? Radiation, ions, etc.?

There have been reports of MB wearers repeating themselves but nothing has been proven yet. There have been reports of MB wearers repeating themselves but nothing has been proven yet.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Quick! Delete your post before your partner sees it! Or you're going to get in trouble!!!

The radiation you need to worry about is ionizing radiation which rips apart molecules and atoms (ionizing them). Ionizing radiation comes in two basic forms:
  1. electromagnetic radiation that is very high frequency, and thus, high energy. This would be gamma and X-rays and to a lesser extent, ultraviolet (in large doses). Lower frequency EM radiation, such as light, infrared, and radio waves are not ionizing.
  2. high velocity particles such as the ones that shoot out from a nuclear explosion (sun and stars with their cosmic background radiation), or the ones that pop out of a radioactive substance decaying
That ionizing radiation in the brick and building materials is from the earth and is all around us all the time at low levels. That's because there are trace amounts of radioactive elements everywhere. It's at such low levels, that it's not dangerous unless it builds up as the trapped gas of the element radon, an intermediary byproduct of radioactive decay. That's why your house should have a radon detector.

The 'radiation' from a MagicBand is the low energy radio waves of the electromagnetic spectrum. Lower energy than visible light.

A watt of radio waves has less energy than a watt of visible light. If you're confident that a watt of light won't give you cancer, then you can trust your MagicBand won't, either.
Love your explanation; unfortunately I don't this person read it...

tin-foil-index.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If a guest is still concerned though, they can simply pair it with an inexpensive anti-EMF bracelet sold by Amazon and others. These inexpensive devices which are normally made from titanium and neodymium magnets provide anti-radiation AND anti-fatigue support. Think about that. Not only will you not get cancer from your Magic Band, you will also be able to spend more time in the parks! THAT IS A WINNING COMBINATION PEOPLE!

No, titanium and neodymium do nothing. It's gotta be copper!!...

officialtom

Quick! Delete your post before your partner sees it! Or you're going to get in trouble!!!

The radiation you need to worry about is ionizing radiation which rips apart molecules and atoms (ionizing them). Ionizing radiation comes in two basic forms:
  1. electromagnetic radiation that is very high frequency, and thus, high energy. This would be gamma and X-rays and to a lesser extent, ultraviolet (in large doses). Lower frequency EM radiation, such as light, infrared, and radio waves are not ionizing.
  2. high velocity particles such as the ones that shoot out from a nuclear explosion (sun and stars with their cosmic background radiation), or the ones that pop out of a radioactive substance decaying
That ionizing radiation in the brick and building materials is from the earth and is all around us all the time at low levels. That's because there are trace amounts of radioactive elements everywhere. It's at such low levels, that it's not dangerous unless it builds up as the trapped gas of the element radon, an intermediary byproduct of radioactive decay. That's why your house should have a radon detector.

The 'radiation' from a MagicBand is the low energy radio waves of the electromagnetic spectrum. Lower energy than visible light.

A watt of radio waves has less energy than a watt of visible light. If you're confident that a watt of light won't give you cancer, then you can trust your MagicBand won't, either.
It's all science in the end. And I'm no scientist.

thomas998

My partner is a nuclear medicine student and has on more than one occasion tried to educate me on the fact that you're exposed to more radiation from the bricks and cement in your house, workplace, and other buildings than from your cell phone or microwave. So I am not concerned about wearing a barely-powered magic band for a week every year.

In case you don't believe me: https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/radiation/building.html

Not true from a practical sense. You stay in direct contact with the bricks in your house and given the radiation energy falls off based on the distance from the source to the target you don't get much at all from a brick house... But then you have to remember that a cell phone is often kept right on your person sometime pressed against your skin. Doctors have found that there has been an increase in breast cancer tumor in young women. Often times the doctors have noted that the tumor would be on located on the breast where the woman had a habit of keeping their phone in their bra. I'm not saying a magic band is going to cause any issues because its got way to little power to cause any, but a cell phone is a different animal completely. There is a reason the study on cell phone safety done by the California state government has been kept from the public and it isn't because it said iphone are safe.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Not true from a practical sense. You stay in direct contact with the bricks in your house and given the radiation energy falls off based on the distance from the source to the target you don't get much at all from a brick house... But then you have to remember that a cell phone is often kept right on your person sometime pressed against your skin. Doctors have found that there has been an increase in breast cancer tumor in young women. Often times the doctors have noted that the tumor would be on located on the breast where the woman had a habit of keeping their phone in their bra. I'm not saying a magic band is going to cause any issues because its got way to little power to cause any, but a cell phone is a different animal completely. There is a reason the study on cell phone safety done by the California state government has been kept from the public and it isn't because it said iphone are safe.

This is complete bulldroppings. There is no linkage between cell phones and cancer otherwise there would be an increase in cancers on the thighs and hips where people keep their cellphones and on the side of the head to which they hold their phone. And there ain't. BTW, a phone against your head has significantly greater EM energy than one against your hip or breast because it's actively communicating with a tower. But has there been an increase in brain cancer? Nope.

Just because someone gets cancer where they kept a phone doesn't mean that the phone was the cause. People get cancer all the time at different places on their body. It is almost certain that a case will break out where it is coincidentally where the person kept their phone. You need to look at the habit of the entire population and see if there is a correlation, and there isn't.

Being close to the bricks as a danger is a ridiculous claim, too. They come from the earth. We're in contact with the earth all the time. There's a trillion times more earth than what's in the wall. It's part of the normal background radiation. As mentioned above, the only concern is trapped radon, which an inexpensive detector will warn you about. I suppose you can be unlucky in that a nugget of uranium wound up in the brick in your home, but then again, you can build your house out of wood... right on top of a nugget of radium. And radon can seep up out of the ground as much from any building material.

But thank you for sharing your proof which is supposedly a government suppressed finding.

thomas998

This is complete bulldroppings. There is no linkage between cell phones and cancer otherwise there would be an increase in cancers on the thighs and hips where people keep their cellphones and on the side of the head to which they hold their phone. And there ain't. BTW, a phone against your head has significantly greater EM energy than one against your hip or breast because it's actively communicating with a tower. But has there been an increase in brain cancer? Nope.

Just because someone gets cancer where they kept a phone doesn't mean that the phone was the cause. People get cancer all the time at different places on their body. It is almost certain that a case will break out where it is coincidentally where the person kept their phone. You need to look at the habit of the entire population and see if there is a correlation, and there isn't.

Being close to the bricks as a danger is a ridiculous claim, too. They come from the earth. We're in contact with the earth all the time. There's a trillion times more earth than what's in the wall. It's part of the normal background radiation. As mentioned above, the only concern is trapped radon, which an inexpensive detector will warn you about. I suppose you can be unlucky in that a nugget of uranium wound up in the brick in your home, but then again, you can build your house out of wood... right on top of a nugget of radium. And radon can seep up out of the ground as much from any building material.

But thank you for sharing your proof which is supposedly a government suppressed finding.
Your ignorance when it comes to sources of radiation is impressive. I've neither the time nor the patience to explain how many things you're wrong about, nor do I expect you would believe anything that goes against your beliefs.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Your ignorance when it comes to sources of radiation is impressive. I've neither the time nor the patience to explain how many things your wrong about, nor do I expect you would believe anything that goes against your beliefs.

Okay, truther. I forgive you.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Your ignorance when it comes to sources of radiation is impressive. I've neither the time nor the patience to explain how many things you're wrong about, nor do I expect you would believe anything that goes against your beliefs.

As long as you have the ability to generate 1.21 gigawatts of electricity into the magic band's flux capacitor you will be able to time travel to any point in history where FP+ is available for 7DMT, TSMM, RoR, or even FEA. That's right FEA! Everyone knows that this is the real reason TT is closed during thunderstorms. The ride's speed meter may indicate you're only going 66 miles per hour, but that's just a ruse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom