1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Are Disney cruises justifiable?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by Princess Kaylee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Phonedave

Phonedave Well-Known Member

I feel almost exactly the same way. DCL is wonderful, but from a price perspecive, there is not enough on a DCL ship that you cannot get on an other line to justify the price difference. Now if you have kids, that price is justified.

My one difference is that I don't mind eating with other people. I think DCL has a lot more large tables, because they get a large number of "family cruises" where a load of people want to be seated together. You would think they could make tables that easily lock together or seperate, but maybe not. While I don't mind eating with others, and you can request a "private" table, I know it is something that comes up quite a bit as a complaint about DCL.

-dave

TDogg76 likes this.
  2. Phonedave

Phonedave Well-Known Member

My one difference is that I don't mind eating with other people. I think DCL has a lot more large tables, because they get a large number of "family cruises" where a load of people want to be seated together. You would think they could make tables that easily lock together or seperate, but maybe not. While I don't mind eating with others, and you can request a "private" table, I know it is something that comes up quite a bit as a complaint about DCL. I have had some interesting table company. Once my two daughters and I (I was divorced at the time) were seated with a recently divorced dad and his two kids. I guess he thought I was the perfect person to complain about his ex to. Not really, first off, there were kids at the table, and second, thats just not my style.

-dave

TDogg76 likes this.
  3. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

It's only uncomfortable if you make it so. You can choose to interact with the others or after a quick "hello" just focus on each other. Either way, it is what you make of it.

vitani88 and flynnibus like this.
  4. TDogg76

TDogg76 New Member

I agree! We made the best of it! Afterwards, we were happy to tell people traveling without children to look at Princess and Holland America!
    Note: we are not individuals hampered by finance. We are DVC and APH! This is based solely on out first experience on the Disney Wonder!

jaklgreen and 21stamps like this.
  5. flynnibus

flynnibus Well-Known Member

Yup.. its ashame we are so anti-people at times. I'm not saying sharing TMI is great.. but at least go in with a neutral stance and see if the people are good or bad for your conversation.

It's funny how everyone talks about meeting the most interesting people while waiting in lines... but sharing a table? alien...

jaklgreen likes this.
  6. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Have you tried Azamara? They are by far my favorite line, and little to none children on board.. but mainly, they have fantastic itineraries!!! The clientele is wonderful as well.