Arcade after Star Tours

RobOttawa

Original Poster
I'm just curious if anyone had any thoughts about the video game arcade after Star Tours?
When I came off the ride and had to walk through it, I thought it was incredibly tacky and very un-Disney-like. Every other ride seems to continue the theme until you are fully out, even if it's only a gift shop. But this just totally ruined the atmosphere, it felt like a cheap ploy to get a bit more money out of people.

cjkeating

I'm just curious if anyone had any thoughts about the video game arcade after Star Tours?
When I came off the ride and had to walk through it, I thought it was incredibly tacky and very un-Disney-like. Every other ride seems to continue the theme until you are fully out, even if it's only a gift shop. But this just totally ruined the atmosphere, it felt like a cheap ploy to get a bit more money out of people.

It is expected after the Star Tours refurb that this will become a gift shop.

cdd89

I may be the only person who thinks this (based on how few people I see in the arcade, I probably am!), but I actually really like the arcade. It's not that expensive and it's a fun diversion.

I acknowledge it's thematically broken, though I'm not sure a gift shop is any better...

The Empress Lilly

I may be the only person who thinks this (based on how few people I see in the arcade, I probably am!), but I actually really like the arcade. It's not that expensive and it's a fun diversion.

I acknowledge it's thematically broken, though I'm not sure a gift shop is any better...
Eh, I somewhat liked that arcade. At some point I got into playing that Phantom Menace pod racing game. Would play a quick single game after riding Star Tours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom