April trip

figmentmom

I'm headed to WDW for the 18th time in April...anything new I should look out for, or avoid? I'm going alone this time...last trip was in August of 2001.

kal1484

You have to go on the new Flying Carpets in MK. It is the coolest ride. It's like Dumbo, and it's my new favorite ride. It tips back and forth too. It's soooo cool!!!! The parades are also awesome! I had a lot of fun doing the things in the tribute to Walt sections, I can't think what they are called, but they give you a lot of fun facts.

Upvote 0

cm1988

Originally posted by figmentmom
...anything new...last trip was in August of 2001.

The Walt Disney exhibit may have 'soft opened' at the Studios by August, but in case you missed it, it is worth a visit. Some unique 'Disneyana' to view, and an update to the Disney Story film formerly of the Magic Kingdom.

At DAK, visit Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama. You'll enjoy a bit of whimsy watching the little dino's peek out of the TriceraTops Spin (even if you don't normally ride Dumbo or its 'clones')... and possibly (not certain of the opening date) be among the first to try the Primeval Whirl, which is kind of a cross between a wild mouse and a teacups ride. While at DAK, you'll find some updates to the Gorilla Falls trail.

There are new parades in every park... though Epcot's is quite similar (happily) to the Tapestry of Nations. Best reviews I've heard are for the MK's "snow globe" parade.

Upvote 0

mickeyfan

Originally posted by figmentmom
I'm going alone this time...

Call me crazy.............. but I would love to do Disney one time in my life alone. I am always with family or friends and it seems like I never end up doing the things I really want to do. You know how you have to try and keep the peace on vacations. I actually went with just my two girls in November, gave them one walkie talkie and I took the other and they rode rides and I strolled around taking in all the little things. I loved it!! That's the closest I have come so far to doing it alone!!

Hope you have a great time. I would definitely see all the new parades and visit the Story of Walt Disney at MGM, it is wonderful and really reminds you of why "Disney World" was formed. I loved the attraction. I hope they keep it even after the 100 year celebration. Do Who Wants to Be a Millionaire!! It's great! I'm a big kid at heart, so do Triceratops Spin at Animal Kingdom. But most of all, just enjoy yourself.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm with you, Mickeyfan, just once I'd like to tour a park alone...at least for a little while! ;) I think I might get a chance this August!

Figmentmom, it should be a good time to visit. Easter break will be over, and most schools will still be in session. The weather shouldn't be too hot, but still warm enough to enjoy pools, etc. Hmmm maybe I should be going then! ;)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom