Apple Watch launch

TomHendricks

After much hand wringing, looking at a ton of different Apple Watch stands or combination stands, I finally made a decision. Here is the stand I chose,
61jNu0bT9sL._SL1000__zpswaczg0ar.jpg

It's $19.95 and I really like the way it looks. I wanted something to hold both my iPhone and Apple Watch and this is exactly what I was looking for. It's not suppose to ship till around July 15th, so I have a while before I actually get it. Once I do, I'll post some pics of it.

So I received this on Saturday and I hate it and I'm returning it. It doesn't hold the watch at all, that upper portion is made out of soft silicone. Its backed by a flimsy piece of aluminum and it won't hold the watch in any direction, even with the watch strap closed and as tight as can be. So this is a bust for me, back to the hunt. I'm thinking about either making one myself or getting one that sits low.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I was desperate for something so I picked up one of the Mophie ones at BestBuy last night. It is indeed far too lightweight for the watch and a band. It feels like it's going to fall over whenever you do anything with it. The design is just fine, it's just simply too lightweight for the its intended purpose. I have to decide if I'm going to take it back or find a way to add some weight to the base.

I ended up deciding to keep this one and finding it to be 'okay'. It works well and the basic form-factor is fine, I just wish the base was a little bit heavier. I just need to be a little cautious when I place the watch on it each night. It holds solidly, it's just a little lightweight when you're putting the Watch on it.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Got stuck on 'Verifying...' for the longest time. I saw on Twitter that rebooting the Watch and iPhone made it get past that point, which it did, and now we're almost done with installation. Looking forward to checking out the new features!

donsullivan

Premium Member
I just received the new Apple one this morning to replace the Mophie that I was never really happy with. It feels pretty good with a decently heavy base and is also designed to support 'nightstand mode' which should be cool.

MLDW2_AV1.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I just received the new Apple one this morning to replace the Mophie that I was never really happy with. It feels pretty good with a decently heavy base and is also designed to support 'nightstand mode' which should be cool.

View attachment 120429
I was going to post about this one to see if anyone had tried it yet. Thanks for the info. I'll be joining you with this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom