Apple Store at Downtown Disney?

Kamikaze

:veryconfu

Whether PI is populated with clubs or stores or entirely gutted, getting between the Marketplace and the West Side will still require the same amount of driving and/or walking... Or am I missing your point?

Remember when PI required a ticket to walk through? Thats what he is referring to. (I think)

JWG

what id love to see at dtd would be a dave and busters. orlando doesnt have one, and now with virgin gone, no gereat loss, there is a large opening.

It's called DisneyQuest. They just need to change the format to the play cards that work by the hour versus daily admission for $40 or whatever it is now.

MissK

I love the Apple store on 5th ave here, nothing like a 24 hour glowing cube when you get the urge to get an ipod at 4 in the morning. I don't know if it would fit in with the whole DTD tho...seems a bit too niche.

JiggleStuff

How will the poor tragically hip Appleoids staffing the store be able to stand the crowds of poorly dressed and unshapely people??!! :eek: The horror!

KZevchik

Problem solved...

2008_5_ipodvending.JPG

PaisleyMF

Why an Apple Store (flagship) could fit in the whole concept is simple, the numbers of conventions around the resort is big, and a place that sells adapters, power supplies or computers could work.

Don't get me wrong i am an Apple fan but this is something that we need to see on both sides.

The closest real electronics store are several miles out property. And some people going to conventions don't have cars. Also i have seen a lot of these people with Macs.

Plus a flagship bring more experiences to the area. And that includes free WiFi.

TURKEY

they do have the ESPN Cafe at the boardwalk.. not really any HUGE need for a whole zone already, but it could happen in the future since I did enjoy the one at Downtown Disney Anaheim.

Since you've been to an actual ESPNZone, you can't be serious when trying to compare a Zone vs. Cafe.

There is no comparison between the two other than the similar menu (wait Zones are much more), similar size (nope), similar games (not it either0, tv screens (no).

I guess the ESPN part of the name and they show sports are about the only similarities between the two.

JimboJones123

I would rather see another Nintendo World Store. The one in NYC is great. They have promotional stuff going on there all the time. The last time I was there, they were filming the Disney 365 for the HSM 2 SING IT for Wii. It was a riot. Thing of all the Synergy they could pull together with all the Disney products Nintendo sells.

Especially with TSM coming in OCT. I'm sure Disney releases about 15-20 Wii games a year now, and about 20-30 for the DS. That's a special event just about every week.

the-reason14

I think an Apple Store would not be a good choice. All that would be there is macs and ipods right? The virgin store was a better choice because it had more to offer. And while a virgin store, in essance, was like a gigantic overpriced Best Buy/Barnes and Nobles, they didnt have one in every mall in my area. An apple store, I can go to just about at any mall down here. Even though it would be bigger at DTD, if all it sales are ipods and macs, then there's gotta be a better place for the space there now.

WDWFREAK53

What I can't believe is that the OP showed Apple Stores and didn't show the cube :lol:

I think they could get it to work.

Sure, many people don't go on vacation and buy a computer...but what about that person who'd like an iPOD while sitting by the pool...or for the flight home? Same thing with laptops. With all of the conventions going on, there's definitely a market for it.

Also, Apple could make a store an attraction.

Rob562

It's called DisneyQuest. They just need to change the format to the play cards that work by the hour versus daily admission for $40 or whatever it is now.

That's how DisneyQuest operated when it first opened. You purchased credits and loaded them onto a ticket that you swiped at each game. At some point a year or two after it opened, they abandoned that and went to the current pay-one-price admission system.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom