1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple Mac OS X talk

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Technology' started by wdwmagic, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Voxel

Voxel President of Progress City Premium Member

I don't like safari, it's liking beatings a dead horse since 10.10.2. It too two mins to load reddit when it normally takes 1 second..
    I think it's mainly an issue with the early 2011 models.. I typical don't get the OS X issues (well except the battery murdering of lion)

2. Voxel

It's a bad gpu, or atleast I thought. I turned off transparency and the problem as gone down significantly. So I am not to sure

3. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Excited to see that after all of these years OS X is finally getting built-in automatic half screen window sizing (I am sure there is a better term I am forgetting at the moment). Hopefully left-right are not the only choices. That was all introduced with Windows Vista right?

Voxel likes this.
  4. Voxel

Correct, it was the only good thing to come out of Vista.

senor_jorge and lazyboy97o like this.
  5. englanddg

englanddg One Little Spark... Premium Member

Vista's Media Center was pretty darned robust. So, that's two things...I guess...

senor_jorge and Voxel like this.
  6. fox_198

fox_198 Well-Known Member

El Capitan is coming soon! I'm running the beta on my iMac right now. It's A LOT more stable than Yosemite was. I have a cosmetic complaint in that Apple is continuing the 'flat' trend with a new beach ball of death. I have a major complaint in that the new Disk Utility is horrendous. It's extremely stripped down. There aren't as many commands on it as there were in previous versions including verifying and repairing permissions. I don't understand why Apple had to change the application since it already worked fine and the average user wouldn't know how to use it anyway. Other than those complaints and the awful name of the OS, I think El Capitan is okay.

Voxel likes this.
  7. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Nothing like a Golden Master Candidate that kills Exchange in Mail… :mad:

fox_198 likes this.
  8. senor_jorge

senor_jorge Nationality: Swiss for all things FP+ Premium Member

That's likely to be the future, regardless of platform. Products developed to be functional for consumers. I started to use the phrase "lowest common denominator" but that probably goes a little too far.

Voxel likes this.
  9. fox_198

fox_198 Well-Known Member

In the mean time, what's everybody's favorite version of Mac OS X? Snow Leopard is my favorite since it was so stable, reliable, and optimized (the slogan, 'The World's Most Advanced Operating System, Finely Tuned,' doesn't lie!). I haven't really loved any versions since, especially because I believe Yosemite is the worst OS Apple has put out in a long time.

The first version I used was 10.4 Tiger, and I'm currently on 10.11 El Capitan.