Apple looking to buy Disney?!?!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Exactly AAPL wants to write the code for the self-driving car. And while the car drives itself AAPL will sell you Entertainment media.

See how this keeps coming round to AAPL needing entertainment assets

I have kenwood head units in all my cars for Sat Radio and Navigation.

Kenwood just announced a new one that has AAPL CarPlay when it comes time to update i will install one?

Can you see how that could hurt Sirius/XM?

NOW does it make sense why AAPL may be pursuing DIS no great conspiracy theory its just AAPL understands that its a entertainment company that also knows about building hardware and it needs more entertainment assets and also has the proven ability to herd cats.

In essence a better managed Sony

Last edited:

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Exactly AAPL wants to write the code for the self-driving car. And while the car drives itself AAPL will sell you Entertainment media.

See how this keeps coming round to AAPL needing entertainment assets

I have kenwood head units in all my cars for Sat Radio and Navigation.

Kenwood just announced a new one that has AAPL CarPlay when it comes time to update i will install one?

Can you see how that could hurt Sirius/XM?

NOW does it make sense why AAPL may be pursuing DIS no great conspiracy theory its just AAPL understands that its a entertainment company that also knows about building hardware and it needs more entertainment assets and also has the proven ability to herd cats.

In essence a better managed Sony
We have the illusion that TWDC is about theme parks, yet it is really a content empire.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We have the illusion that TWDC is about theme parks, yet it is really a content empire.

82733-why-dont-we-have-both-gif-YF1l.gif

Casper Gutman

This would be sad for a lot of reasons, but in particular because Disney is the last of the classic Hollywood studios still in the hands of the original management (even if it was an independent and not a major back in the golden age).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That's why they make so much money, lack of investment yet the people still come.

Yet they made more money when they invested in the parks, Just as Universal is doing now. Universal is doing north of 30%

The extreme cutting is going to give you a few quarters of stellar results then not so stellar as customers realize they are being shortchanged.

seascape

On CNBC thus moring they were talking about the Verizon rumor that Verizon is looking at either Comcast or Disney. I couldn't care less if they buy Comcast but Disney has to now take steps to keep someone from buying them and so Disney has to buy someone else.

Kingtut

On CNBC thus moring they were talking about the Verizon rumor that Verizon is looking at either Comcast or Disney. I couldn't care less if they buy Comcast but Disney has to now take steps to keep someone from buying them and so Disney has to buy someone else.
Maybe Disney could buy United Airlines in an attempt to improve the customer service in the parks.

CaptainAmerica

Verizon-Comcast would never get past the regulators. Zero chance.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Someone is going to buy Disney sooner than later that cash engine is simply too attractive to the sharks.

Disney foolishly did not build a warchest so now they have no tools to fend off a hostile takeover.

As fans well we would be well advisoed to find other hobbies, Iger will be the good old days,

The Sharks want Disneys content they DONT want physical plant etc

seascape

Someone is going to buy Disney sooner than later that cash engine is simply too attractive to the sharks.

Disney foolishly did not build a warchest so now they have no tools to fend off a hostile takeover.

As fans well we would be well advisoed to find other hobbies, Iger will be the good old days,

The Sharks want Disneys content they DONT want physical plant etc
Disney has enough treasury stock to buy most companies. The thing is they have to make a more or you are right. The treasury stock is their best defense because they can just use it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney has enough treasury stock to buy most companies. The thing is they have to make a more or you are right. The treasury stock is their best defense because they can just use it.

Trouble is as soon as they start use it the shareholder suits alleging dilution begin...

Disney may have painted themselves into a corner with its buyback strategy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom