Apple looking to buy Disney?!?!

IanDLBZF

How are Sea World and Ringling connected? I know one is in trouble for treatment of the Orcas and the other for Elephants, but didnt know they were connected on a business level.
PETA hurts everyone, they need to STOP.... now! I'm not the only one sick & tired of PETA's crap and deception, in fact a number of SeaWorld's Pass Members and fans have said the same exact thing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Also, doesn't Steve Jobs wife sit on Disney's Board?

No. And there isn't much overlap in the directors as there sometimes is with large corporations (http://www.theyrule.net/):

upload_2017-3-25_0-36-34.png

Ignohippo

As many others have said, Apple has laser focus. It wouldn't get into anything as widespread as Disney.

The one I've always been surprised of was TimeWarner. It seems like it would have been a perfect fit for either Disney or Apple (before it got out of the cable business).

rk03221

I know I made a thread not supporting Apple buying Disney but after thinking it could be a good thing. Like Comcast bought universal, that's how Harry Potter world happened. Also Apple pays its employees very well, maybe they would improve cm pay. They would definitely have the money to keep up the parks, something Disney has been struggling with is the lack of sponsorship which led to the current state of Epcot.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
PETA hurts everyone, they need to STOP.... now! I'm not the only one sick & tired of PETA's crap and deception, in fact a number of SeaWorld's Pass Members and fans have said the same exact thing.

Sea world new major shareholder is Chinese so I doubt if they care any longer. Could be fun if PETA activists visit china....

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know I made a thread not supporting Apple buying Disney but after thinking it could be a good thing. Like Comcast bought universal, that's how Harry Potter world happened. Also Apple pays its employees very well, maybe they would improve cm pay. They would definitely have the money to keep up the parks, something Disney has been struggling with is the lack of sponsorship which led to the current state of Epcot.

First thing apple would do is dump the parks

lazyboy97o

Comcast had nothing to do with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter being built. That was a Universal Orlando Resort project when the Resort was half owned by The Blackstone Group and NBCUniversal World Showcase still owned by GE.

Disney is also not lacking in the funds to maintain the parks. That is a choice.

rob0519

What is your source of Apple paying well? I know two people who turned down positions at Apple because the starting offer was not sufficient to move from the Midwest and find any type of affordable housing in California. These were people that were not seeking jobs with Apple, but were being recruited. Any corporation, including Apple will pay their employees no more than necessary for retention. Don't expect the CM selling popcorn to suddenly make a living wage under Apple.

mm121

The lack of spending at Epcot is by choice. They don't NEED things to be sponsored. Disney just wanted a free lunch from other companies to support their multi billion dollar business.

And same thing goes for the Countries in World Showcase, the main reason they've gotten run down to the point they are and never got attractions added, was Disney wanting the Countries to pay for it with no way to show tangible benefit to tourism.

And not understanding that now with the internet marketing strategies are much different than they once were back when Epcot opened.

One downside is now that Disney is paying, it ripe to become IP World, as there is no way Disney would fund it if the goal was still to promote tourism in those countries.

Hence why the we now have Frozen that takes place at a mythical country in the World Showcase.
Disney is also not lacking in the funds to maintain the parks. That is a choice.

They've just been choosing to invest Internationally rather than in the US, so its not a lack of funds, its a reallocation of funds. Though it helps that they dont own all of their international parks so that means they dont have to pony up all the cash for new projects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom