Apple iOS 8 now available for update

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
iOS 8 is compatible with iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad 2, iPad with Retina display, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad mini with Retina display.

Available now in the App Store updates tab on your device.

TB4244

I got a request recieved, then it did nothing. I got multiple errors before it finally kicked in and started downloading. But it's the same here, the time seems to fluctuate.

NYwdwfan

My phone said the update needs 5.8 gigs so I cleared out some old photos and now have 6 gigs available. If I update, am I leaving myself with just .2 gigs left or is the new update going to replace the old iOS and then delete it leaving me with more space available?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
My phone said the update needs 5.8 gigs so I cleared out some old photos and now have 6 gigs available. If I update, am I leaving myself with just .2 gigs left or is the new update going to replace the old iOS and then delete it leaving me with more space available?
Yes it replaces the old iOS and you will be OK again for space.

lazyboy97o

I have been using the Golden Master since last week and have been very pleased. I'm really enjoying the new Notifications features, notably reply to iMessages and mark email read or trash it. I'm looking forward to using Touch ID for logging into apps and maybe some useful Extensions.

The space needed for the update is not all used up following its installation. You'll be able to put stuff back on the device. iOS 8 should also hopefully fix a long-running bug where Messages were allowed to accumulate and occupy a lot of space. If you go to Settings - Messages - Keep Messages you can set Messages to automatically delete after a 30 days or a year.

TB4244

Plug it into your iTunes. You can download the update without updating your phone then run it later if you're having trouble.

StarWarsGirl

Brilliant. It should be more stable that way. I'm glad it's working for you now :)
Also am a little sick of the Wifi and plugged my laptop into my wireless router. Shouldn't take long now...
3767758383.png

TB4244

That's probably best if your wifi is a bit spotty. At least you get a solid connection through Ethernet.

It does take a while to process the installation though. More waiting :(

lazyboy97o

While it does not affect me as I am using OS X Yosemite, I do think Apple should have held off on asking people to upgrade to iCloud Drive. People using iOS and OS X are probably a minority, but it still would have avoided what will probably be a lot of headaches. So if you do use OS X be sure to decline the offer to upgrade to iCloud Drive until OS X Yosemite is released next month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom