Apartments in Orlando

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
I'm moving to the Orlando area in June-August or so of 2005 to finish my college and to work at WDW. I'm going to be a second semester sophomore in the Fall of 2005 and don't want to live on campus at UCF. So my question is, I've been looking into apartments in the Orlando area and want to be somewhere between WDW and UCF. I've found several in MetroWest and then this one, which I'm thinking will be the best. Can anyone help me out with this complex and let me know if it's nice or anything else about it.

http://www.rentnet.com/call/8668200017

That's some information on the place along with pictures. Does anyone live there or know anyone that does, if so what do you/they think of it? I'd love any and all information. THANKS!

Scott

speck76

WDWScottieBoy said:
I'm moving to the Orlando area in June-August or so of 2005 to finish my college and to work at WDW. I'm going to be a second semester sophomore in the Fall of 2005 and don't want to live on campus at UCF. So my question is, I've been looking into apartments in the Orlando area and want to be somewhere between WDW and UCF. I've found several in MetroWest and then this one, which I'm thinking will be the best. Can anyone help me out with this complex and let me know if it's nice or anything else about it.

http://www.rentnet.com/call/8668200017

That's some information on the place along with pictures. Does anyone live there or know anyone that does, if so what do you/they think of it? I'd love any and all information. THANKS!

Scott

I think that complex is "income controlled" which mean you will be living near a bunch of families with LOTS of kids.....not a very good place (Camden runs a bunch of crap properties)

Let me know what other complexes you are looking at. I live in Metrowest, and have lived in a number of apartments around Orlando.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Thanks Speck. I looked at a lot of different places in MetroWest but couldn't come up with a good one. I'm willing to go up to about $700 per month for right now. It doesn't matter if it's furnished or not, and would prefer a one bedroom as well. I like the MetroWest area beacuse of the distance to both UCF and WDW. If you could give me information on some of the ones around you or possibly the one you're in too I'd appreciate it. If there is any way you can get physical information and mail it to me I'll send you money for shipping costs. As I said before, I'm not moving until Fall 2005 at the LATEST. Anything that's close to both WDW and UCF (in between preferably) would be best. Thanks in advance.

Scott

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Hi there, just signed up here today....

I'm moving to Orlando at the same time as you for my daughter to attend UCF. I've been studying apartment sites for apts close to WDW, as she doesn't mind the commute, she may actually end up living on campus, so I'm looking around Kissimmee, Clermont, Lake Buena Vista, Celebration...anything close by Disney...

Does anyone know anything about Aurora At Cagan Crossings ? It's pretty cheap, so I'm afraid it's 'pretty cheap', lol. I'm trying to stay under $700 a month for a one bedroom.

I thought I'd keep this in this thread since it sounds like we're looking for about the same thing.

Thanks,
Katie

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
SweetMagic04 said:
Hi there, just signed up here today....I'm moving to Orlando at the same time as you for my daughter to attend UCF. I've been studying apartment sites for apts close to WDW, as she doesn't mind the commute, she may actually end up living on campus, so I'm looking around Kissimmee, Clermont, Lake Buena Vista, Celebration...anything close by...

I saw the properties for LBV, Celebration, Kissimmee and all those but I don't want to drive 50 miles to get to school and then back each day, especially if I have an early morning class. So I figured that living in between the two would be perfect. MetroWest seems to be like a really nice area and I'd love to live there, but what can I find for $700 or less that is nice?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I'm not too familiar with the MetroWest location yet, I'll have to look into it. I would consider the halfway idea too though if she lives with me. I lived in Casselberry for a year though, and I know I don't want to be too far into Orlando as it just gets way too crowded.

Atta83

SweetMagic04 said:

I'm moving to Orlando at the same time as you for my daughter to attend UCF. I've been studying apartment sites for apts close to WDW, as she doesn't mind the commute, she may actually end up living on campus, so I'm looking around Kissimmee, Clermont, Lake Buena Vista, Celebration...anything close by Disney...

Does anyone know anything about Aurora At Cagan Crossings ? It's pretty cheap, so I'm afraid it's 'pretty cheap', lol. I'm trying to stay under $700 a month for a one bedroom.

I thought I'd keep this in this thread since it sounds like we're looking for about the same thing.

Thanks,
Katie

Certain apartments at Aurora at Cagan Crossings are income controlled. The area is nice though until you get the income controlled ones, they are ok but not nice nice. They are out in Clarmont which is on the other side of Disney, practically all the way down 192. Hope that helped.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Atta83 said:
Certain apartments at Aurora at Cagan Crossings are income controlled. The area is nice though until you get the income controlled ones, they are ok but not nice nice. They are out in Clarmont which is on the other side of Disney, practically all the way down 192. Hope that helped.
Thanks for the info, I guess I'd have to check it out in person to be sure, but it might be ok, if I pay the regular rent rates then maybe I'd be in the better buildings? I dunno...I'd love to be able to afford something nicer, but I'm a single mom trying to get my daughter into/ through college, so money is definitely an issue for me right now.

I appreciate any and all info on lower priced apts that are still safe and near Disney. Does anyone know if Disney employees get any type of discount anywhere on rent?

Atta83

SweetMagic04 said:
I appreciate any and all info on lower priced apts that are still safe and near Disney. Does anyone know if Disney employees get any type of discount anywhere on rent?
Depends on where you go. Many places waive the apartment application fee. It just depends on the apartment complex, I would call to find out thats the best thing. Or another good way is to come and look at them for your self. I am trying to find an apartment as well in Florida, but I have my roomate who I am going to live with doing all the work, i kind of feel bad.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Atta83 said:
Depends on where you go. Many places waive the apartment application fee. It just depends on the apartment complex, I would call to find out thats the best thing. Or another good way is to come and look at them for your self. I am trying to find an apartment as well in Florida, but I have my roomate who I am going to live with doing all the work, i kind of feel bad.
I do have the luxury of being able to go there and look in person, I'm an hour and a half away, but I'm trying to form a plan of attack before I head that way. I have alot of time to plan this, so I'm doing my computer search first.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Atta, is Dave doing all the work for you? If so, is there any way you can forward some of the information to me too? Since I live in northern IL I can't go and look every weekend right now, all I've got is the internet, and it doesn't really do my justice. I've tried talking to Rob but I don't think he'll have time to and I can't talk Grizz into it. If you talk to Dan, will you see if he can help me out as well. You know what I'm looking for and where (in general) so any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Atta83

SweetMagic04 said:
I do have the luxury of being able to go there and look in person, I'm an hour and a half away, but I'm trying to form a plan of attack before I head that way. I have alot of time to plan this, so I'm doing my computer search first.

Look at the maps where they show you where the apartment is located that helps some. :wave:

speck76

SweetMagic04 said:

Thanks,
Katie

Cagan Crossing is in the middle of nowhere, but the area is being built up fairly quickly. I never looked at Aurora, but I did look at the adjacent property (something else at Cagan Crossing) and those were fairly nice, and fairly cheap.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
Speck, any more recommendations for me? I know I've got some time still until I go there, but it doesn't hurt to get my foot in the door and have something ready so I'm not doing this one last minute. I've got someone helping me now (thanks atta and dave), but anymore help would be appreciated too!

TURKEY

Cagan Crossings is only about 15 minutes from WDW. Getting to anything in Downtown Orlando, not so good.

Wal-Mart's going in just across the road, 5 minutes to Publix, USPS just a couple miles up the road, just a couple minutes to 192.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
speck76 said:
Middlebrook Farms

The Tradition

Cypress Greens

These places are located just east of Metrowest, and close to I-4 (The Millenia area) and would probably be a good location for you.

Speck, thanks again for all of your information. I just contacted all three of those complexes. The one I just found out more information from today was Colonial Grand at MetroWest. What do you know of this one? I'm thinking it would be prefect for my travels to and from UCF and WDW. I think the whole area around MetroWest would be perfect for me. I'm looking forward to hearing more information. Thanks again for all of your help and time!

Scott

speck76

Colonial Grand at Metrowest was recently Centergate at Metrowest. I lived at Centergate, and I liked it. I had a 2 bedroom with a loft, about 1300 sq ft I think, and I think I paid around $1100 per month. They do have small 1BR units for a good price, but these apartments are quite small. I also lived at a complex managed by Colonial, and they do a pretty good job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom