Apartment Help

Hobnail Boot

Original Poster
I guess this is where I can put this.

I graduate college next spring and, once I sell my house, am looking to move to the Orlando area. I want to get a house eventually but I think an apartment would be better short term. I'm hoping to be making about $30k a year starting off, so I'm trying to keep my rent in the $700-900 range. Do any locals have any suggestions on good apartment complexes? I'm wanting it to be close the parks (Uni or WDW, depends on where I get a job) but I don't mind a moderate commute. Also, someone told me Davenport is a good area. Is that so? Thanks for any advice y'all can give!

wdwstateofmind

You should honestly consider buying a house with those numbers....You'd find something in Clermont to the Davenport area which you'd pay what you're looking to pay in rent or lower on a mortgage if you plan on staying there long term...if you do move it's a pretty easy area to short sell and breakeven too...

We're trying to move to the area and have been doing a lot of research...just my two cents...

Hobnail Boot

Original Poster
My original plan was to buy a house, but after thinking about it I thought it may be better to find an apartment to live in for about a year so I can have time to really learn the area and find a house I really like. If I find a house I like that's in a good area I'll probably jump on it.

TowerOfTerror

The best area for reasonable priced apartments ($800-$950) are off of International Drive south. There are three different ones: Century Palms at World Gateway, Mirabella, and Camden World Gateway. Basically everything is right there in the immediate area and it is less than 5 minutes to Disney with no toll roads or I4 traffic too deal with. If you rather be more secluded there are also nice apartments in Winderemere for around the same price as the other ones I mentioned.

71jason

Really depends where you end up working. Happy to give more suggestions, but you really need to know that first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom