AP Days Feb 1-28

Phroobar

Original Poster
I guess there will be special events happening for those with AP cards during February. I think it is mostly movies in the Opera house, Stage 17 and Blue Sky Cellar with free popcorn and water and buttons. Does that mean that Lincoln is down for the month?
  • Main Street to Mickey Mouse – February 1 to February 7
  • Live the Adventure – February 8 to February 14
  • Fantasy and Fun – February 15 to February 21
  • A World of Tomorrows – February 21 to February 28
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/ap-days/?CMP=EMC-DLRUSENFY16Q2DLRAPDAYSLAEM0013

Curious Constance

I guess there will be special events happening for those with AP cards during February. I think it is mostly movies in the Opera house, Stage 17 and Blue Sky Cellar with free popcorn and water and buttons. Does that mean that Lincoln is down for the month?
  • Main Street to Mickey Mouse – February 1 to February 7
  • Live the Adventure – February 8 to February 14
  • Fantasy and Fun – February 15 to February 21
  • A World of Tomorrows – February 21 to February 28
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/ap-days/?CMP=EMC-DLRUSENFY16Q2DLRAPDAYSLAEM0013
I bet if Lincoln was down for the month, no one would notice. :D

Travel Junkie

I wouldn't be surprised if there are no more renewal parties. They cost lots of labor hours at a time when large cuts in the labor force at DLR are starting to occur. This event takes place during regular park hours so they cost less to put on.

Travel Junkie

I wouldn't be surprised if there are no more renewal parties. They cost lots of labor hours at a time when large cuts in the labor force at DLR are starting to occur. This event takes place during regular park hours so they cost less to put on.

Phroobar

Original Poster
It figures they would shut down Lincoln on Lincoln's birthday and President's day.

The Opera house is kind of like a haunted house. No one dares go in there.

Curious Constance

I would if I were going. It's one of my favourite things about Disneyland.
I realize it's a favorite of Disneyland/Disney parks fans, but to the general public, they don't seem to care much for it. It's literally nearly empty in there most of the time. To me having it sit empty like that is not a good way to honor the history of this attraction. Since it seems to have lost it's general appeal with Disneyland's audience, why not move it to a place where it's history will be truly appreciated? A great place would be the Disney Family Musuem. I image it would be very popular there and draw lots of visitors to the muesum.

Phroobar

Original Poster
I enjoy Lincoln and like to go there towards the end of the day. I don't think the average tourist even knows it is there.

TP2000

I realize it's a favorite of Disneyland/Disney parks fans, but to the general public, they don't seem to care much for it. It's literally nearly empty in there most of the time. To me having it sit empty like that is not a good way to honor the history of this attraction. Since it seems to have lost it's general appeal with Disneyland's audience, why not move it to a place where it's history will be truly appreciated? A great place would be the Disney Family Musuem. I image it would be very popular there and draw lots of visitors to the muesum.

Bingo. I'm a patriotic American, but the Lincoln show is a dusty ghost town even on busy days.

I vaguely remember Tony Baxter talking 15 years ago about a concept he had to move Mr. Lincoln to a small theater facility in Frontierland. The show would be set in a frontier train depot, and Mr. Lincoln would appear on the rear observation platform of a train car and address the crowd of assembled "townsfolk", which would be us in the audience. Lincoln would give his speech, music would swell and the sky would turn purple, and the train would roll on as the curtains dropped.

It would have given the same patriotic experience, but on a much smaller scale and more likely to stick around while freeing up the big Opera House for something new that could fill its 400 seat theater.

TP2000

Cheap, boring, lame. A special AP only Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour at the regular discount? I literally can't imagine.

Exactly what I thought. Personally, I wouldn't want to be in a group of just AP's; some of us can be awkward and a tad obnoxious, especially those who would want to take the Walt's Footsteps tour.

The rest of these AP events don't hold much interest for me, with the exception of the Worlds of Tomorrow one. But if they are just playing the old Vault Disney DVD set released 15 years ago under this same title, then I won't bother.

Curious Constance

Personally, I'm waiting for Disney to show the out of towners some love. Where are our special park hopper rates, special events, or anything at all to make ME feel special? *sniff* *sniff*

Figments Friend

When i saw the info about this a few days ago, i read it and kind of did a smirk.
It read like a ploy to try to lure AP holders in during a time when they would probably stay away.
With all the construction about to begin on the Rivers of America, and all related Attractions and 'Fantasmic'now being down, it seems many would probably wait and hold off on a visit.
Offering something like these 'Passholders Days' might entice a few to come into the Park to check out the offerings during a time they may otherwise not bother.

That was the impression i had when reading about them.
Just a little something to toss out there.

-

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Last night I watched an episode of World of Color that was about the '64 NY World's Fair in the Opera House. They gave us free popcorn and water bottles. The episode was interesting but a little hokey. The episode showed It's a Small World in real time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom