AP changes coming

danpam1024

Funny, my kid asked if we could do a big WDW trip how we used to (2 weeks, BWI suite, etc). I told him for the price we'd have to pay for tickets, I bet we could fly roundtrip to Paris. I WAS RIGHT! That's INSANE!

Mike S

Problem is, if your current AP expires before the dat of your next trip, renewal is out of the question.
I've renewed before my next trip plenty of times to keep the cheaper price. It all depends on how frequently you go for if it's worth it or not.

Last edited:

BrianV

I've renewed before my next trip plenty of times to keep the cheaper price. It all depends on how frequently you go for if it's worth it or not.
Agreed. We went three visits our last APs. Then realized we wouldn't go again for a few years. In the LONG run it may have paid to renew. In the short run it was hard to renew when we knew we couldn't go in the next 18months. I do have two 3-day passes purchased a few years ago so might just use them next trip.

BrianV

Funny, my kid asked if we could do a big WDW trip how we used to (2 weeks, BWI suite, etc). I told him for the price we'd have to pay for tickets, I bet we could fly roundtrip to Paris. I WAS RIGHT! That's INSANE!
Yes. But could you fly roundtrip and pay for a place to stay, etc? Our family of four went round trip to Italy in April and it was 3800 for airfare alone then there was a condo, food, museums, etc.. That is our whole budget for our last trip to Florida including three days at Disney. (We do have a free house to stay in at the beach in Florida so mileage may vary...)

Mike S

Agreed. We went three visits our last APs. Then realized we wouldn't go again for a few years. In the LONG run it may have paid to renew. In the short run it was hard to renew when we knew we couldn't go in the next 18months. I do have two 3-day passes purchased a few years ago so might just use them next trip.
If you were skipping more than a year than I agree with not renewing. Even at the cheaper price you'd be buying an AP that you wouldn't use even once before it expired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom