AP Blackout dates lifted August 1st

JWG

...and because attendance is trailing and someone buying a soda is better than no one buying nothing...

Sorry, that's snarky. I'm actually glad they're allowing the most dedicated folks a chance to visit rides going away they didn't know about at the time they committed to a seasonal pass.

cindy_k

Original Poster
The blackout lifted the Friday before the last day which is on a Sunday.
I had plans to be at WDW on that Saturday to ride both, before they were gone.
Looks like I can go a little earlier now.

bclane

This is a great move. I'm not affected by blackout dates but some of my friends are and I'm happy for them that they will get a few more rides in now before the sad farewell. I love it when Disney does the right thing for its guests. It's sometimes the little things that mean the most. :happy:

tissandtully

We were at DHS Saturday this past Saturday and it was not packed at all, there was also not a whole lot of people gathered to watch the Star Wars show, can tell attendance is really down for this park, at least full day attendance.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Any idea how this will affect new Silver passes being purchased? Will they be able to activate their pass as of August 1st?

FullSailDan

We were at DHS Saturday this past Saturday and it was not packed at all, there was also not a whole lot of people gathered to watch the Star Wars show, can tell attendance is really down for this park, at least full day attendance.
The nerf to galactic spectacular killed it.

Kman101

I've seen numerous photos from Epcot suggesting it's not that packed there either. But photos can be misleading. Curious to know how these two parks are actually doing.

cindy_k

Original Poster
I've seen numerous photos from Epcot suggesting it's not that packed there either. But photos can be misleading. Curious to know how these two parks are actually doing.
Checking wait times... 65min Soarin, 80min Test Track, 65min Frozen, 30min SSE
Its a Wednesday, but its summer. Seems pretty busy.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We've been several times this summer, most recently last week, and have been very surprised at the low crowd levels at both Epcot and MK. We expected mid-late July crowds to be pretty significant, but AK was the only place we really saw it. We were able to get multiple FPs for most attractions at MK, and have noticed that hotel rooms seem to be more readily available than usual as well.

Until you try to book for October/November...when apparently everything is completely booked...:confused:

Kman101

Checking wait times... 65min Soarin, 80min Test Track, 65min Frozen, 30min SSE
Its a Wednesday, but its summer. Seems pretty busy.

True. Seems busy. DHS wait times have Great Movie Ride at 40min, MuppetVision 15min, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 55 min, Star Tours 60min, Toy Story Mania 55min. Tower of Terror has only a 10 minute wait. That seems a bit odd lol. Was it down, did it just reopen? LOL. Seems busy there too but then again, could it just be a lack of rides?

Kman101

We've been several times this summer, most recently last week, and have been very surprised at the low crowd levels at both Epcot and MK. We expected mid-late July crowds to be pretty significant, but AK was the only place we really saw it. We were able to get multiple FPs for most attractions at MK, and have noticed that hotel rooms seem to be more readily available than usual as well.

Until you try to book for October/November...when apparently everything is completely booked...:confused:

When I've checked in August for FP's when I'm no longer blocked out I've seen availability for Mine Train and Frozen which wasn't always the case. Interesting.

The used-to-be slower times have now become much busier. I imagine weather and pricing for tickets has something to do with the shift.

floridagirl57

Does anyone know if this is actually true? I am a Silver AP holder and I'm soooooo desperate to ride the GMR one last time I was considering upgrading my pass to Gold so I could go next weekend, since a prior commitment is keeping me from going the last weekend of operation.

cindy_k

Original Poster
Does anyone know if this is actually true? I am a Silver AP holder and I'm soooooo desperate to ride the GMR one last time I was considering upgrading my pass to Gold so I could go next weekend, since a prior commitment is keeping me from going the last weekend of operation.
Check the app. Its true. Disney World app is showing all of August available now.

Food and Wine Fest. Nicer weather, lower prices and Epcot eating fest always draws a crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom