AOA's Best Area?

Which area of Art of Animation is best overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

star77kc

Original Poster
So, my family is staying here for a week in December, and I am curious as to what you think. Which of the 4 areas is best overall? Think theming, rooms, and proximity to buses and food court...Thanks for the input!!

Joshua&CalebDad

We stayed there in December and we were in the Nemo section in the 4600 or 4700 section (building 4) and loved it. But that was more due to location, close to the food court, pool, and buses.

Room and building theming was awesome.

Honestly though, aside from location I don't think you could go wrong in any of the other buildings when you consider theming.

Aside from that, whatever you, do not forget to have the everything brownie. We brought as many of these home with us that we could. Only 148 days till I can have another one.

url

princessmommy

We stayed there in December and we were in the Nemo section in the 4600 or 4700 section (building 4) and loved it. But that was more due to location, close to the food court, pool, and buses.

Honestly though, aside from location I don't think you could go wrong in any of the other buildings when you consider theming.

Aside from that, whatever you, do not forget to have the everything brownie. We brought as many of these home with us that we could. Only 148 days till I can have another one.

url
Oh my deliciousness

moonwishes2013

Oh my deliciousness

url

My sister found this on our second night, she told me how good it was, I kept telling myself that I did not need one, I kept getting something for my DD 4yr old to have, but on the last night I decided to get one, BOY!!! it was the best dessert I had all week!!! We left before Landscapes opened, or I would have brought some home too!!!!

moonwishes2013

So, my family is staying here for a week in December, and I am curious as to what you think. Which of the 4 areas is best overall? Think theming, rooms, and proximity to buses and food court...Thanks for the input!!

We stayed in the Cars Section, building 3, room 3409 ?? I think, we had a pool view. It was very nice, great maid service. I did not think that the building was very far from the bus stops, Landscapes & the Paint shop. Now it did seem far from the parking lot when I was carrying our luggage, LOL!!! After a 12hr drive straight thru & had a mix up with the rooms, so we was pretty tired, & only 2 people to carry luggage for 4 people! Themeing was great, it made you feel like the Cars Movie Set was right there. I think a pool view in the Nemo section could be noisy, depending on what floor you was on because that pool stayed packed!! I do not recall a pool at the Lion King section, I am not saying there was not one, just I do not remember seeing it. The Little Mermaid area was nice, I know it was a little farther than the Cars Section, but it did not seem like a bad walk to me.

Yes, I agree with PP, you must try the Everything Brownie!!!

star77kc

Original Poster

url
That looks absolutely delish!!

star77kc

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I don't know why I'm letting this choice be such a big deal lol. I guess I just want to make everything perfect ;) we are reserved for the Lion King room right now. Now I'm thinking maybe we should move to Nemo to be closer to pool and to parking lot. We will be driving some to parks. Thanks!!

jrab0616

We stayed in the Crush Building of the Nemo Section (don't remember room number) in November and it was awesome! We has a courtyard view, so faced away from the pool and it was pretty quiet. I love that it's so close to Animation Hall. The Nemo, Lion King and Cars rooms are suites with indoor access. the Little Mermaid rooms are standard value resort rooms with outside access (just like the allstar resorts or POP) and considerably futher away from Animation Hall (on the other side of the Lion King section). The Lion King section does not have a pool, but I would say it is the second closest to Animation Hall. I LOVED The theming of the Cars Section. Sooo cool!

We didn't request a section when we went, other than we booked a suite. We decided that for us, it didn't matter and that we wanted to be surprised when we checked in. We are all adults now though (my youngest sister is now 23) so we didn't really care, we were just happy to be there!

I would say that you really can't go wrong no matter what section you get. The whole resort is amazing!

Adam5897

Just stayed in the cars suite a couple weeks ago! It was amazing and it's not much more of a walk compared to nemo. I would say it has the best themeing when it comes to the the courtyard and the pool and since everyone goes to the nemo pool you can go to the cozy cone pool which has less people and is more relaxed and away from everything. It's really fun to walk around the outside and look at all of the stops and cars from the movie, epically if you like the movie! Hope this helped! :)

jrab0616

Oh! I also think that in the Lion King section (or Cars I suppose) you would be closer to the parking lot, as there is access to it straight from the parking lot instead of going through (or around) Animation Hall like you would for Nemo.

Adam5897

Oh! I also think that in the Lion King section (or Cars I suppose) you would be closer to the parking lot, as there is access to it straight from the parking lot instead of going through (or around) Animation Hall like you would for Nemo.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too

luv

For theme, I pick Ariel...but that's an subjective thing. She is the furthest away, but I'd still rather be there.

The Lion King building colors seem a bit depressing to me, so even though I love that, I would skip it.

I think Nemo is closest to the food court, but could be wrong. Cars didn't seem too far away. Parts of Lion King aren't far, either. Depends on buildings, too. :)

Pooh Lover

Just stayed in the cars suite a couple weeks ago! It was amazing and it's not much more of a walk compared to nemo. I would say it has the best themeing when it comes to the the courtyard and the pool and since everyone goes to the nemo pool you can go to the cozy cone pool which has less people and is more relaxed and away from everything. It's really fun to walk around the outside and look at all of the stops and cars from the movie, epically if you like the movie! Hope this helped! :)
I agree. We visited AoA last September and LOVED the Cars section. The theming is unbelivable, close to the main building and the cozy cone pool was adorable.

donaldtoo

Our group of 13 stayed in 2 family suites in the Cars section last July and absolutely LOVED the place! :)
The Cars section had only opened about 2 weeks before we stayed there, I believe, and The Lion King and Little Mermaid sections were not yet open, so we didn't really get a chance to look them over.
That being said, we are booked in family suites in the Lion King section for our upcoming June trip, so we'll see how we like them, but I have no doubt we will! :)

Oh, and BTW...
Along with the Everything Brownie, don't forget to try the Surf and Surf Burger...a crab cake with fried shrimp on top...YUM-O-RAMA!!! :)

ratherbeinwdw

We've stayed in Mermaid and Cars. We loved Cars. The first rooms are almost as close to the restaurant as the back section of Nemo and has a very nice themed walkway to the lobby/restaurant. The pool is usually less crowded, but the Nemo pool is only yards away. Parking is fairly close; though, not as close as Mermaid. Lion King doesn't have a pool. The only units that are really a long distance from the bus stops are in the Mermaid section. The others aren't bad at all, and this is someone who has trouble with walking any distance at all. We requested a unit close to the bus stops, and it was honored. But, really any of those Cars units would have been fine. They just aren't far from the lobby or bus stops. The rooms are nice size and having two bathrooms was great. I think the Cars courtyard is the very best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom