AoA transportation

DisneyLizzy3

Original Poster
I stayed at AoA about 2 weeks from its opening date and had a horrible time with the bus transportation. Granted, at this time the resort was brand new, but I remember waiting for 2 to 4 buses before we were even able to get on a bus just to get to the parks and back to the resort at the end of the night. By the time we finally got on bus we were crammed in like sardines. It was insanely crowded. I didn't mind the food court crowds at the resort however. And since my travel party is two adults, the crowds at the pool are of no importance to us.

Here is my dilemma. I would really like to say here again because I love the theming, however, I am worried the transportation problems/crowds may still exist. It's not worth it to me to have this issue. I am wondering if they have been any better for those of you who have stayed in 2014? We are going January 3-9, 2015, so I realize crowds are heavier at some points during this week.

seafoodbuffet

We went during the middle of the summer in 2014 and the buses weren't like anything you describe. Generally, we managed to get onto first bus to the park from the resort within 15-20 minutes time. The wait to get BACK to AoA could be longer and I remember at least once when we had to wait for a second bus after we left MK with the park closing rush.

That said, something to consider is that certainly at MK, and to an extent at the other parks, the AoA bus stop is either the farthest or one of the farthest stops from the park entrance. Not a huge deal but something to consider.

tor29c

I was there the week before Easter this year and experienced nothing like the problems you had when the resort first opened. If your only concern is the transportation, I believe you can rest easy. We never waited more than 10 - 15 minutes to get to any park. Never stayed late at the park so I can't comment on that situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom