AoA prices in January 2018, are these the prices?

Shellylynn6974

Original Poster
I looked on the seasonal rates for AoA for January 2018 and they have the rates for the Little Mermaid rooms at $126, weeknight and $156, weekend. (after the first two weeks) Is this the price set in stone for then, or could it change?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It is set in stone Disney doesn't adjust prices like some hotels do. But if an offer comes out like a room discount offer it could make it cheaper. Usually all year there are room discount offers. But those won't come out for January 2018 for a good while. ;)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Taxes are only 6.5% on average in WDW area. Very low compared to a lot of places. New Orleans for example near me that we visit often the hotel/tourist tax is almost triple that. So thankfully taxes at WDW don't make a drastic difference. :)
Actually the tax for a Disney resort room in Orange County (where most of the resorts are located) is 12.5% and in Osceola County (where the All Stars are) is 13%.

After taxes the $126 room becomes $141.75.

Merchandise sales tax is around 6.5%. :)

sxeensweet

Actually the tax for a Disney resort room in Orange County (where most of the resorts are located) is 12.5% and in Osceola County (where the All Stars are) is 13%.

After taxes the $126 room becomes $141.75.

Merchandise sales tax is around 6.5%. :)
I was informed wrong so sorry. I was informed the resort tax stayed the same as sales tax for WDW resorts. I haven't booked a cash room (DVC on points since 2013) in 3-4 years so I didn't remember the tax rate I actually paid.
Thank you for the correct Info!!! Still better than 17%+ we have paid in numerous other cities. Lol ;)

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Better hope they don't add resort fees lol.

A resort fee could/would change everything.

QiGHRUdl.png

Shellylynn6974

Original Poster
Just a note to anyone who wants to look at any of the resorts for the early 2018 rates, (not just AoA), by going through a dummy reservation of 12/31 and into January. Then click on seasonal rates.

sxeensweet

Right, the few bad apples........

You would or probably wouldn't be surprised at all the posts on FB etc that people tell people to do this etc or people ask about it. Just follow the rules people! Now if you pay to valet yeah you can leave your car but not if you park free you are taking it from resort guests and other people with dining reservations etc. So annoying. :bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom