AoA Little Mermaid Walking Distance

slappy magoo

We stayed there for one night, having arrived a night before our official check-in at Bay Lake Tower. And we stayed in the Little Mermaid section. The food court was so loud and raucous we wound up driving to Wilderness Lodge for dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe - you know it's loud if WCC is more relaxed by comparison!). This was not a day where we hit parks. We enjoyed our quiet pool and the "Big Blue" pool especially, but we weren't exhausted from being in the parks all day either. At night, we had to get milk for my youngest to have for bed, and it was a trek for me even without anyone else with me.

The next morning before checking out, we had breakfast in the food court, putting up with the noise because we figured once we left, we weren't coming back, and I know my kids wanted to see the sections of the resort we hadn't seen yet, namely the Cars section. So we walked the property and were exhausted by the time we got to BLT.

Courtney6682

All these tips have been great...we WERE going to be first timers at AOA this coming April ...but my gram is 83 and our youngest is 8...I'm pretty sure I've decided on POFQ..thank u all so much for your input it really did help!!!!

ginadee

AoA is convex, Pop is concave. But, as was pointed out, it's sortof a limitation of the plot.

That being said, it's about 1200 feet from the furthest building of Pop to the Food Court / Busses

It's about 1400 feet from the Mermaid buildings to the Food Court / Busses.

You have to remmeber, the entire complex (both resorts) is about the same size as Hollywood Studios (shocker!)

200 feet isn't that much...but, for those who don't like to walk, here's a comparison.

It's about the same as the walk from the monorail station at Magic Kingdom to the Castle.
This is great info. Do you know distance from Broadway section of ASM to entrance? I have stayed there and thought that was fine. Will be staying mermaid next trip and that's the only way I know to compare distance. Just curious.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If you go to Bing maps, you can calculate the walking distance by tracing a path from any two locations.
I used google maps, but yes, that's exactly what I did.

I've walked it, and it doesn't bother me though...but, I don't think Id pay a higher rate for a mermaid room if cheaper rooms were available at Pop...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
All these tips have been great...we WERE going to be first timers at AOA this coming April ...but my gram is 83 and our youngest is 8...I'm pretty sure I've decided on POFQ..thank u all so much for your input it really did help!!!!

POFQ is an excellent choice. Easy to navigate and even the farthest room on the top floor in the farthest corner of the farthest building is still a 5ish minute walk. I know...I've stayed in said room. Love love love POFQ

englanddg

One Little Spark...
POFQ is an excellent choice. Easy to navigate and even the farthest room on the top floor in the farthest corner of the farthest building is still a 5ish minute walk. I know...I've stayed in said room. Love love love POFQ
The only negative I had about it was the fact that it sometimes shares busses with PORS for departures...

That was rather annoying, because you wouldn't really know if you were going straight to the parks, or going to spend 15 minutes circling around PORS...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
The only negative I had about it was the fact that it sometimes shares busses with PORS for departures...

That was rather annoying, because you wouldn't really know if you were going straight to the parks, or going to spend 15 minutes circling around PORS...

It does sometimes share but fortunately POFQ is the first stop. You'll always be able to get on the bus and if it fills up halfway through the stops it will just go to the park. I experienced the flipside of this when I stayed at POR a few weeks ago. I guess the busses kept filling up at POFQ because I had to wait forever and ever to get a bus from the main depot at POR. One time 8 Animal Kingdom busses came by in a row. Guess those were the only ones not filling up.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It does sometimes share but fortunately POFQ is the first stop. You'll always be able to get on the bus and if it fills up halfway through the stops it will just go to the park. I experienced the flipside of this when I stayed at POR a few weeks ago. I guess the busses kept filling up at POFQ because I had to wait forever and ever to get a bus from the main depot at POR. One time 8 Animal Kingdom busses came by in a row. Guess those were the only ones not filling up.
Youknow, I griped about it in my trip report, but I didn't even think how it must look from the POR side! :confused:

slappy magoo

I will say this, if you have your own transportation and a spare couple of hours, AoA a nice place to walk through, with plenty of photo-worthy attention to detail. But with an 83 year old, yeah, I think that'd be just too much walking on a regular basis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom