AoA and taxi

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
I have an early ADR for breakfast (7:50am). So I'd rather get a taxi/van (with car seat since I have a 22 month old). Any idea on pricing? Is this a good idea?

It's going to Ohana and don't want to be waiting at the bus stop so early. Thanks!

Tyaloo

From my experience, the Disney busses start just after 6 am. We caught one at 6:10 am (this was in 2015) from Pop. We had an 8:15 at CRT.

We had the bus to ourselves, and it took about 10 minutes to get to MK - and it was free! Just something to consider in your options.

I know you said you didn't want to wait at the bus stop with your little one, but I didn't wait more than 5 minutes. In case that is helpful for you, in any way :).

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
From my experience, the Disney busses start just after 6 am. We caught one at 6:10 am (this was in 2015) from Pop. We had an 8:15 at CRT.

We had the bus to ourselves, and it took about 10 minutes to get to MK - and it was free! Just something to consider in your options.

I know you said you didn't want to wait at the bus stop with your little one, but I didn't wait more than 5 minutes. In case that is helpful for you, in any way :).

Thank you! If we do decide to bus it, what time should we be at the stop?

21stamps

Thank you! If we do decide to bus it, what time should we be at the stop?

That will add a lot of travel time. Go with UberX. Cheaper than a taxi and will get you there much quicker than a bus.

If you download the Uber app you'll probably get a discount or free ride on your first one!

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
That will add a lot of travel time. Go with UberX. Cheaper than a taxi and will get you there much quicker than a bus.

If you download the Uber app you'll probably get a discount or free ride on your first one!

Ok but if we get the van from the hotel like the First poster stated, it will be free too correct?

21stamps

Ok but if we get the van from the hotel like the First poster stated, it will be free too correct?
Yep, I didn't even know that existed. Pretty cool! If for some reason it's not available download the Uber app as a back up.

If you take a bus I think you would have to go to MK first, which would be inconvenient for Ohana. We had breakfast there, coming from WL and used Uber. Technically could have done a boat and then monorail, but that would have added a lot of time.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Yep, I didn't even know that existed. Pretty cool! If for some reason it's not available download the Uber app as a back up.
The vans are awesome. We've used them on a number of occasions. One morning after rope drop we finished what we wanted to do at Magic Kingdom at 11am and it was a holiday weekend so we were going against the flow of people entering the park. Rather than wait for a bus back to AKL, security flagged us down and we got a one-way shuttle direct to Jambo House.

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
The vans are awesome. We've used them on a number of occasions. One morning after rope drop we finished what we wanted to do at Magic Kingdom at 11am and it was a holiday weekend so we were going against the flow of people entering the park. Rather than wait for a bus back to AKL, security flagged us down and we got a one-way shuttle direct to Jambo House.

Good to know! Thanks!!

21stamps

Wow!! So can I do this during our AKL stay? Can you go anywhere on property? i.e. AKL- Fort Wilderness for bike rental? Or to Mickey's Winter Summerland?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Wow!! So can I do this during our AKL stay? Can you go anywhere on property? i.e. AKL- Fort Wilderness for bike rental? Or to Mickey's Winter Summerland?
I think they only do it if there's no "normal" transportation available, so probably depends mostly on the time of day. The official way to get to Ft. Wilderness would be bus to MK then boat to FW. And to get to Winter Summerland you just get on the Blizzard Beach bus.

21stamps

I think they only do it if there's no "normal" transportation available, so probably depends mostly on the time of day. The official way to get to Ft. Wilderness would be bus to MK then boat to FW. And to get to Winter Summerland you just get on the Blizzard Beach bus.
Thanks! So Uber to FW.lol. I'm only planning on using the bus for AK while there... Is Blizzard Beach a direct route, or do you have to stop somewhere first. If direct I'll use the bus for that too!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Thanks! So Uber to FW.lol. I'm only planning on using the bus for AK while there... Is Blizzard Beach a direct route, or do you have to stop somewhere first. If direct I'll use the bus for that too!
Racking my brain a bit, I think Blizzard Beach is the first stop on the DHS bus from AKL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom