Anything from disney descendants in the parks?

Matt_Black

I was thinking more of Live Action Fable High, but your analogy works too, especially since the actress who played the Blue Fairy is in this too.

Goofyernmost

It's a Disney Channel original movie that premiered last night. The premise is that a bunch of kids of Disney Villains get admitted to the school where the kids of the heroes attend.
Wow, sounds highly intellectual. (Sarcasm) Thanks for the reply, but, I think I can easily pass on that concept.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wow, sounds highly intellectual. (Sarcasm) Thanks for the reply, but, I think I can easily pass on that concept.

Yeah...Seeing Kathy Najimy as the Evil Queen looking like she got hit in the face with a shovel...
Screen_Shot_2015-04-27_at_7.21.16_PM.jpg
\
Sounds like a winner right there....:rolleyes:

JIMINYCR

Sounds like its made a splash and is on its way with a following.
According to TV Guide: The Friday premiere of the Disney Channel original movie Descendants captured 6.6 million viewers, according to early Nielsen numbers, making it the most-watched cable TV movie of the year. And as if that wasn't impressive enough, the musical, about the children of iconic Disney villains, had already been seen by 1.4 million viewers on the WATCH Disney Channel app in the six days leading up its official television premiere.

Variety posted:
Disney Channel’s junior-villians telepic “Descendants” cast a spell on 6.6 million viewers Friday night, according to preliminary Nielsen estimates.
The big audience for the musical, which chronicles how the children of four classic Disney villains came to choose good over evil, puts it ahead of the network’s “Teen Beach Movie” sequel from June and makes it the year’s most-watched cable TV movie. “Descendants” also ranks No. 1 among all 2015 cable telecasts in kids 2-11 (3 million) and tweens 9-14 (2.3 million).
Disney Channel next week is expected to release additional ratings information, including how “Descendants” fared vs. the Friday competition as well as its viewership in “live plus-3″ estimates from Nielsen.

220px-Disneys_Descendants.jpg

Others have posted similar favorable reviews. I'm inclined to say we will be seeing it show up in the parks as a draw for the younger crowds in the future and Disney sees another cash cow to milk.

JIMINYCR

I would just like to point out that Disney TV movies were way better a decade ago. Or maybe they seem way better because we were younger?
The plot of the movie interest me but it seems like any Disney tv movie is horrible now.

Agree....;) Disney used to put out more well crafted shows. In many of them there were messages, morals to live by, or if not a message there at least it was fun family entertainment. As we get older our tastes change. Is it that each generation accepts less in what entertains them?? What my DS favors, I say yuccccch. I find as I get older I tolerate less idiotic, lame, moronic, garbage that TV offers. Disney's playing to the audience they have. Hook em and reel them in. ChaChing... ChaChing.
images

copcarguyp71

Most all Disney Channel shows and made for television movies are pretty much unwatchable these days IMO...High School Musical was the last thing I watched with my daughter that I could find tolerable. Even the actors seem to feel embarrassed like they are just doing it for the money and phoning it in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom