Anyone rented from Dollar Rent A Car at Orlando International?

okcthunder

Original Poster
I've read the mediocre reviews on Dollar on yelp so while it doesn't terrify me there is some concern.... Anyone have any personal experience renting through them? I am leary of it due to not so great review and the fact that their name is dollar rent a car but it's cheap and my credit card reward points are footing the bill...

slappy magoo

Usually we drive so we already have a car when we get there. The time we flew, we used Alamo and they really went above and beyond. Near the end of our first trip, a hurricane was bearing down. WDW and the airports, having been slammed by a hurricane a few weeks before, were already closing up shop. The parks wouldn't open that Saturday and possibly that Sunday, which was our checkout day. Alamo was OK with us driving out of Orlando with their car. We left Saturday morning before the storm hit. We drove all the way to Philly airport where family picked us up. Alamo didn't even charge us for not refilling the tank because of the circumstances.

I can't say good or bad about Dollar, but I will choose Alamo every chance I get.

disney4life2008

Dollar vs Alamo or united vs southwest. , I travel extensively and my rental car choice has and will always be dollar. The rates are dirt cheap and I have never had a problem with them. Specifically, at mco the service and cars have all been outstanding. People get stuck on paying more means quality. The one time I went with Alamo I got stuck with a horrible car. My biggest advice: make sure you check for dents and scrates before before leaving (this is true for any company). About reviews, I know people rely on them but I personally hate user reviews. Many times these experiences are negatively skewed based on one event. I like to experience for myself then make my judgment judgement. Case in point, if I based my Disney resort off reviews, I would never stay in the all stars.

slappy magoo

About reviews, I know people rely on them but I personally hate user reviews. Many times these experiences are negatively skewed based on one event.

It is true, or at least that it's a truism, that most online reviews are skewed because most people only tend to write a review if they have a complaint, no matter how minor. But if they have a pleasant experience with a company and their service, they take it as a given. I paid them money, I got what I was supposed to get, why trumpet that to the heavens? As a result, a lot of people will only write a positive review if their experience was way beyond their expectations versus meeting their expectations. So, grain of salt and all that.

Mouse_Trap

Used Dollar a couple of times and on my last trip about 10 months ago.
No problems at all. They were the cheapest which is why I choose them.
Decent selection of cars at the airport to choose from. Would certainly use again.

Daxiegirl

We've rented through Dollar for 4 out of 5 of our FL vacations. The one-off was a special deal with Hertz and although we didn't have a problem with the rental, the lineup was crazy!!! We vowed to always go with Dollar after that and they have always been the least expensive since.

USAF79

Hey I'll actually answer your question instead of a ramble.... Doll or is just as good as the bigger franchises. Really no differences except for the price. Easy in and easy out. As said before check for dents or excessive wear. Also check the truck Incase a body was left.... Or a bag. Great cars and prices. I would use them again if the price is right.

Plowboy

We have used Dollar several times over the years and never had a problem. We book way in advance and then re-check the rental cost about every 2 weeks and every time it drops we re-book. By the time we get to about a month out from the trip the rental has usually dropped by 50%.

disney4life2008

We have used Dollar several times over the years and never had a problem. We book way in advance and then re-check the rental cost about every 2 weeks and every time it drops we re-book. By the time we get to about a month out from the trip the rental has usually dropped by 50%.

Good point about Dollar and Thrifty. A few months/weeks out the prices in Orlando for a week typically are in the $300 range but if you randonly check middle of the night and select city special about 2 weeks out - the prices are cut in half. Dollar is the way to go

amy1985

We've only ever used Dollar and have always been happy. If you join dollar express they will have a car waiting for you in the reserves spot when you get there, which I like ( we're totting a child, stroller and car seat). We also forgot to get gas once when we were dropping it off and they only charged us half of what they should have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom