Anyone Interested...

wdwdl531

Original Poster
Is anyone interested in starting a Disney Theme Park website with me?? It's not going to be up against this site because it will have Disneyland on it also. If your interested please reply back.

Tramp

Of course it will compete against this site.

(just because your hot dog stand sells hamburgers too doesn't mean it's not competition for the stand that just sells hot dogs!)

jay_london

Instead of being turncoates why not assist and help with this site to help keep it the number 1 WDW site, which it is. If you want to go your own way, out of respect for Steve and his hard work I hardly think you should make open discussion of it on this forum:mad:

wdwdl531

Original Poster
Yes i know Steve works very hard for this site and i appreciate it, but i've been trying to make a successful site for years and this is my chance because i have people willing to help me out, so no need to get all p*$$y with me:mad:

jay_london

Thats fine well go do it but not at the expense of this site or by trying to poach the members of this site, I mean you have joined this forum, made 3 posts then try and poach people:mad:

markymark

Hey there Jay man. WELL SAID I am with you 110% on this one. I don't think any of us can fully appreciate the time and effort that Steve puts into this site. Lets not forget that it's not just these boards, but the main site as well, along with managing to find out plenty of new stuff for us.
Perhaps if wdwdl531 has been trying for ages to get a succesful site up and running, and obviously hasn't, maybe he should just leave it to someone who can actually do it properly (by the way sorry for getting all p*$$y about this :eek: )
It's up to the rest of you guys out there what you do, but I for one will be staying right here, on a well established, efficient and extremely informative site.
And no, before you say anything it's not just us limeys sticking together.
I normally let Lightbeer do the moaning but this is really out of order. Way to go Steve, and Jay. Away you go wdwdl531 :mad:
I just want to point out that I have no problem with anyone who is clever enough to set up a web-site (I for one am not, and don't claim to be) but I have not seen anyone else who has their own site scrounging for material.

The Mom

Premium Member
I also agree with Tramp, Jay-London, & Markymark. Steve has been more than willing to add any requested additions to this site, and has put a lot of work into producing an excellent forum. I think it is very rude to come in here and recruit people for another site; sort of like showing up at the prom with someone on your arm then spending the evening cruising for dates!

wdwdl531

Original Poster
Ok... Im sorry for being so rude.. i really am... Steve.. I am asking you to delete these posts.. im sorry for coming in here and doing that.. Im really sorry..... And steve, if you'd like i would gladly cancel the website if you wanted... Dont think that i hate you and what you do.. i dont.. I just wanted to have my own successful site for once.. So once again Im sorry steve and sorry everyone for coming here and doing such a rude thing and i will start posting better wdw posts.

sillyspook13

Originally posted by wdwdl531
Ok... Im sorry for being so rude.. i really am... Steve.. I am asking you to delete these posts.. im sorry for coming in here and doing that.. Im really sorry..... And steve, if you'd like i would gladly cancel the website if you wanted... Dont think that i hate you and what you do.. i dont.. I just wanted to have my own successful site for once.. So once again Im sorry steve and sorry everyone for coming here and doing such a rude thing and i will start posting better wdw posts.
You were not being rude. Everybody else was. All you wanted to do was build a site about Disney. I once wanted to build an anime website, so I posted my ideas on a forum fro a similar site. Nobody yelled at me or threatened me just because I wanted tio build a website, although there are plenty of anime sites out there. Pay no attention to these people. If you want to build a Disney website, go right ahead. I will support your cause.

jay_london

I think you are missing the point sillspook. If the guy wants to build a site then fine let him go build it and the very best of luck to him. What you do not do is try to start advertising your wares free of charge on somebody elses site and try recruiting members of that site for your own gain. It shows a complete lack of respect for the Steve, wdwmagic, who works hard to provide us with a quality forum that is wdwmagic.

jay

wdwcrazy

I'm with you on that. He's not advertising anything. He's trying finding other people with similar disney intrests. It's not like he's going to steal people away from this site or anything. I'm helping him out, but I"m still here supporting this site too.

sillyspook13

Originally posted by wdwcrazy
I'm with you on that. He's not advertising anything. He's trying finding other people with similar disney intrests. It's not like he's going to steal people away from this site or anything. I'm helping him out, but I"m still here supporting this site too.
Thank you. At least somebody understands. If he was advertising, it would be more like "Come to my site, darn it!" He is just asking for tips and help for his own site. I will always support this site as long as it has the best news and rumors!

After all, here is a similar situation. Imagine you are an acting agent. Some person comes up to you with a dream of becoming a star. Instead of helping this person reach their goal, you shrug them off saying that they will draw all of the attention away from the other actors of today.

(count on me to compare something to acting.:cool: )

Tramp

I'm probably beating a dead horse BUT:

At the very least, WDWl531 should have asked Steve for permission to solicit help in building a web site that will be in direct competition with WDWMAGIC. It would not have been a problem if his website was about 'widgets.' It is not rude when you point out a violation of common courtesy. I hope he knocks himself out building the BEST web site he could but there's a business courtesy that was not extended to Steve and that showed a lack of respect....although what it probably was in reality was a simple lack of maturity. ;)

I think WDWl531 showed a lot of character by apologizing in public to Steve and I give him/her a big thumbs up for that! Let us know when the site is up so we can visit. :)

markymark

I am with you Tramp, I think the way wdwdl531 went about it was wrong, but at the same time I have to give himrespect for having the "spherical objects" for saying sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom