Anyone have any info about this mug?

disneyinparticular

Original Poster
Hi :)

I'm looking for info about a mug, as I can't find ANYTHING online! It's this Lion King 2 mug - I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about it? Like what year it was released, what series it's from? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :)

FullSizeRender 22.jpg
FullSizeRender 23.jpg
IMG_6693.JPG
IMG_6694.JPG

Figments Friend

That is a really nice mug!

I am just guessing here, but it reminds me a lot of the ones that used to be sold at the Disney Store in the 1990s.
The art style, 'wrap around' design, solid color painted inside etc.
I have a couple, and have seen several others over the years for different Disney films.
The markings on the bottom make me think this was sold in the UK or Europe.
The ones I saw sold here in the US were typically marked as being 'made in Japan'

'The Lion King 2' was released direct-to-video in 1998 if I am remembering correctly, and there was a lot of related merchandise put out at that time and that time only to promote the release.
It was rare to see 'new' merch for this film once the initial marketing push was over pre-release.

So I'm going to say it is from 1998, and likely a Disney Store item.

-

disneyinparticular

Original Poster
That is a really nice mug!

I am just guessing here, but it reminds me a lot of the ones that used to be sold at the Disney Store in the 1990s.
The art style, 'wrap around' design, solid color painted inside etc.
I have a couple, and have seen several others over the years for different Disney films.
The markings on the bottom make me think this was sold in the UK or Europe.
The ones I saw sold here in the US were typically marked as being 'made in Japan'

'The Lion King 2' was released direct-to-video in 1998 if I am remembering correctly, and there was a lot of related merchandise put out at that time and that time only to promote the release.
It was rare to see 'new' merch for this film once the initial marketing push was over pre-release.

So I'm going to say it is from 1998, and likely a Disney Store item.

-
Thanks for your info! It really reminded me of those mugs as well - I wondered if it was from a similar line or something! Makes sense about the year and the merchandise :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom