Anyone ever rented a car from the rental site on Disney property?

smbarr

Original Poster
We need a car for a day and a half at the beginning of our trip, and I don't really want to mess around with having to go back to the airport to return. I'd be interested to hear experiences. Thanks!

NeedMoreMickey

We have rente a car ar the Dolphin a few times. Twice walked over from Beach Club and the other time from Bay Lake walked to bus stop at MK and took the bus to Dolphin. Really liked that we could drop the car off after the desk was closed.

patch553

yeah we have a few occasions from the swan/dolphin, its soooo much better than from the airport, the staff are way more helpful, don't try pushing all sorts of cover on you and the valet brings your hire car to the door

Magical Dreamer

I've rented from Alamo at the Car Care Center several times....was always a good experience.
They will pick you up and drop you off at your resort and are very timely doing so.

Rob562

Awesome! Thank You! How would we get back to the resort from the Car Care Center if it is after hours?

If you plan on dropping off after hours, I'd look into dropping off at the Dolphin rather than the Car Care Center. There is no transportation from the CCC after they close. You'd have to pay for a taxi or Uber.

From the Dolphin you can take a bus to Downtown Disney or boat/walk to the Studios to catch a resort bus.

-Rob

GO REBS

I've rented through Enterprise several times while at WDW. Enterprise always picked me up at our WDW hotel and shuttled me back after dropping off the rental car.

NormC

I rented from Alamo at the Car Care center. Chose a midsize and they gave me a Camaro. Kids were thrilled. Process was painless. They picked me up at BLT and brought me back when I was done. If you return it after they close you may not get a ride so just keep it until morning.

zappomatic

I had a good experience with Alamo at the Car Care Center too. Arranged pick-up the night before, then there was absolutely no hard sell at the desk. VW Passat was clean and in good condition, return was hassle free (there's a Hess right next door so the perfect place to fill up, or if you're renting at the Dolphin there's a Hess nearby too.). They then asked where we were headed next and gave us a ride to Epcot as requested.

thomas998

Not sure where you are staying, but many hotels in the area have rental car satellite offices in them so I would suggest you not only look at the one that might be in your hotel but also ones that might be in hotels close to your hotel. The prices will also vary considerable from office to office even if it is the same rental company because each office is trying to unload specific cars on any given day/week. Also unlike Disney you can freely make reservations at multiple rental car places and cancel them as you see fit with no charge... if you are trying to be frugal continually look at the rental cars on a daily basis as the prices of them can change that often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom