Anyone else hate the new Photobucket?

Kristia

Original Poster
I use Photobucket strictly for hosting pictures that I put on this site. The new and "improved" photobucket just plain stinks for me. It bogs down my computer. Albums that have a lot of pictures take forever to load because you can no longer view them by page. Sure, it looks prettier but I don't find it to be very user friendly for people with large albums. Anyone else having trouble with the new version? I may switch over totally to Flickr. I use to find Photobucket easier for uploading pics to WDWMagic for trip reports but not so much anymore.

Nemo14

I totally agree. I used to love Photobucket, and now it's so cumbersome. Between that and the new "Yahoo" page, I'm just really fed up.

fractal

YES! I'm having the same issues. I thought it was my PC, but the new site is very slow and "locks up" often. I also don't like how when you scroll through an album it changes the order of your pictures.

You can default back to the "old" photobucket which I have done from time to time, but I agree with you on the new one.

Kristia

Original Poster
YES! I'm having the same issues. I thought it was my PC, but the new site is very slow and "locks up" often. I also don't like how when you scroll through an album it changes the order of your pictures.

You can default back to the "old" photobucket which I have done from time to time, but I agree with you on the new one.
At first I thought it was my computer, but I have tried it on 3 different ones and it always is slow. I was picked to beta test it awhile ago and told them it didn't work well. They had a contest as a way to try out their new story feature. I kept trying to use it and finally got so frustrated that I just gave up on the contest. Yes! I hate that it changes the order too! I went back to the old one after the test but I keep getting the message to change to the new one. The official switch to the new version is on March 18th. :(

Kristia

Original Poster
I totally agree. I used to love Photobucket, and now it's so cumbersome. Between that and the new "Yahoo" page, I'm just really fed up.
And what is up with the yahoo page? I logged on Monday and it was all different! I guess I can live with that, but I can't live with the new Photobucket!

NowInc

I highly recommend shelling out the low cost of a paid flickr account. (yes..I know its owned by yahoo). Unlimited storage, plus a VERY active and (mostly) helpful community..its still top dog for me. 500px is another one Ive heard great thing about, but have yet to personally really give it a shot as all my work is already on flickr. If you want "free"..picasa will do just fine too :)

Nemo14

And what is up with the yahoo page? I logged on Monday and it was all different! I guess I can live with that, but I can't live with the new Photobucket!

The new Yahoo page is just viually too "loud" for me. It literally gives me a headache.

Kristia

Original Poster
I highly recommend shelling out the low cost of a paid flickr account. (yes..I know its owned by yahoo). Unlimited storage, plus a VERY active and (mostly) helpful community..its still top dog for me. 500px is another one Ive heard great thing about, but have yet to personally really give it a shot as all my work is already on flickr. If you want "free"..picasa will do just fine too :)
Thanks! I will probably go with Flickr because I do have some stuff on there already.

ddbowdoin

500px is more of a showcase of strong work... I wouldn't call that website a storage element.

Zman-ks

Yes...horrible.
75.gif

Minnie1976

I tried the new version when it first came out and would switch back to the old version. I made the mistake and tried the new version one day and then couldn't any longer switch back. I find it gets stuck a lot and I have to shutdown and start up again. I don't want fancy. I just wanted a way to post my pictures on WDWmagic and the Disboards. I thought it was my laptop that had a problem. Glad it wasn't something I was doing or a problem with my computer. Sorry we all seem to have the same problem.

PolynesianPrincess

I also noticed Photobucket changed it's preferences. You used to just sign up and get unlimited storage. Now it's in tiers. I have the lowest tier, which is 25GB. Once that is full, I can't upload any more pics. It's 15% full already and I have TONS of pics to upload. For the next level up 50GB it's $50 a year!! I'm not paying that! That's crazy!! And photobucket is soooo slow lately (as you others have noticed) it's so annoying. I hate the new format! ARGH!! OK... end rant!!

Cosmic Commando

I cannot believe that Photobucket STILL has not fixed their new site! I have been a PAYING customer since 2005, and I really want to leave. They started rolling out this site last fall, but even today I cannot do something simple like sort pictures by filename? Unfathomable. Now, they took away "view all" on the album pages... because viewing a 1500 picture album 24 thumbnails at a time is a piece of cake. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom