anyone cancelling?

faithful

Just curious...I am planning to go to WDW from Arizona in December but I am a LITTLE uneasy. Did anyone else decide to bail after last weeks events? I don't see how its going to get any better in the near future so I hate to wait but I don't want to be stupid either.:confused:

neilybealy

Originally posted by faithful
Just curious...I am planning to go to WDW from Arizona in December but I am a LITTLE uneasy. Did anyone else decide to bail after last weeks events? I don't see how its going to get any better in the near future so I hate to wait but I don't want to be stupid either.:confused:

Me and my family (10+baby in total) have already planned our trip to Orlando for next Sept - the villa is already booked.

I can't book the flights til the end of next month so I've just got to wait and see what will happen.

Other people can give you their opinion about whether you should go or nor but at the end of the day it's YOU that's got to feel comfortable!!

Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

We are flying to Chicago in December and Orlando in February. I am not about to cancel either trip. Not to sound grim but you could walk out of your house tomorrow and have a better chance of dying in a car wreck or getting hit by lightning then you would of going down in a plane. You have to live for the now and not hesitate by hoping for a brighter future. JMO. :)

Upvote 0
I haven't cancelled. In fact our final payment to WD Travel Co. went in last week. We already have our airline tickets but depending on what happens between now and Nov 26 we may choose to drive. Should nothing change between now and then, my butt will be squeezed into a "luxurious" coach seat with no meal, hoping for a small glass of coke and that attrocious trail mix that Delta serves.

Now, more than ever I need a chance to escape for some fun times, good food, relaxation and time with my wife.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We're headed to WDW next week (tuesday) and we never thought of cancelling. We did consider driving for a short time, but we deicided that since we couldn't get a refund for our tickets that we'd suck it up and fly.

Upvote 0

WDW-Imagineer

Faithful, my advice to you is not to cancel. By stopping your life and staying home for weeks is letting these guys (terrorists) win. As Bush, and just about every other public figure has said, go on with you life and show these people that they cannot stop us. Of course there may be other reasons for you not to go, but that is really up to you. All I can say is to not be afraid and go ahead and go... you'll be happy you did.

Upvote 0

Camelot

I have had a trip to Orlando planned for some time now, and am looking forward to it very much, and so I am still planning to go, and fly there, too.

Upvote 0
My family will be there Oct 13-21 and there was no thought of cancelling. This is just the get-away my family needs. When you are at WDW, you can escape from everyday worries.:D

Upvote 0

Scooter

We are going to The World in Oct and then again May. We have no intentions of canceling either trip. With all the tightened security we feel this is the safest we've ever felt on an airplane. The security checks at the airport might be a pain but it's well worth getting to the airport early for peace of mind. I just hope the airlines are still in business when we go.

:D :D

Upvote 0

Coronado

Not according to reservations.....Moderate and Value resorts are tight through Thanksgiving week.....By the By.....Want to book a hotel when it is tight like this? Call 1-904 WDISNEY at 6:58 AM and keep punching redial until you get in the loop....ALL cancelations are held until 10:00 PM every night before down loading them all to the next days business....(if you have an Annual pass.... you have a number in the green folder with your ticket that will get you into another phone que that is faster.....!)
Woo... I shouldn't have said that... I am still trying to book the friday after Tgiving.

Upvote 0

mightyduck

I was planning on going in November and will have to cancel because of another commitment, but I wouldn't cancel for any other reason. And I just booked airfare to the midwest for November.... I would go if I were you, but that's just my opinion...

Upvote 0

mej

We will hope to be there in July of next year - our only real decision is whether to fly from the mainland (London or Manchester) or to fly from Dublin.

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Originally posted by mej
We will hope to be there in July of next year - our only real decision is whether to fly from the mainland (London or Manchester) or to fly from Dublin.

check with british airways or virgin - i know that ba def offer free flights from many uk airports to gatwick / heathrow - i think virgin do the same

it just makes the journey that much longer :(

Upvote 0

markymark

I would definately NOT cancel! We are leaving on Friday, and whilst I was a bit aprehensive, there is no way I wouldn't go. I fact we are going again next July / August too.

I know what happened two weeks ago was truly, truly terrible, but if people stop living their lives and having fun, then these people have won - don't let that happen.

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Originally posted by markymark
I would definately NOT cancel! We are leaving on Friday, and whilst I was a bit aprehensive, there is no way I wouldn't go. I fact we are going again next July / August too.

I know what happened two weeks ago was truly, truly terrible, but if people stop living their lives and having fun, then these people have won - don't let that happen.

blimey Mark, that means you would have been twice before I get to go!!! :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom