Anyone been to the Beach Club Villas lately?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
With all the uncertainty over whether the villas have been or will be refurbished, I was just curious if anyone who has stayed there recently has anything positive or negative to say about the current conditions of the rooms?

As always, thanks in advance!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just got back from BCV on 8/27. There were no signs of any refurb going on. No construction anywhere. I'm assuming that the rumors that the refurb was delayed are probably true. We had a 1BR villa (room 374). It was in great shape. There were some scratches and general wear on the furniture, but nothing that wouldn't be expected. I had heard a lot of chatter about the rooms being run down and In need of a refurb, but I didn't find any issues with our room. Maybe we just got lucky.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Just got back from BCV on 8/27. There were no signs of any refurb going on. No construction anywhere. I'm assuming that the rumors that the refurb was delayed are probably true. We had a 1BR villa (room 374). It was in great shape. There were some scratches and general wear on the furniture, but nothing that wouldn't be expected. I had heard a lot of chatter about the rooms being run down and In need of a refurb, but I didn't find any issues with our room. Maybe we just got lucky.
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Can you see the EPCOT fireworks from the Villas?
We had a room facing the villas pool which faces away from EPCOT. We could hear illuminations fireworks but not see them from the balcony. We did see them from a table in front of Beaches and Cream one night and you can see them from parts of the main pool. If you had a room across the hall from me you would be likely to see some of the higher fireworks from illuminations. Our room was almost at the end of the hall over the canal that runs under the villa wing. We had a perfect view of the frozen fireworks at DHS from our balcony.

There was a lot of fireworks all around the same time. Fantasmic was at 8:30 and has some fireworks you can see/hear then illuminations at 9pm and Frozen Fireworks around 9:15pm every night. You could also hear Wishes at 10PM but we couldn't see any of that. Pretty cool if you like fireworks. I can imagine it would be just plain terrifying for most dogs;)

DisDadWoz

Can you see the EPCOT fireworks from the Villas?
We were in 1 bedroom villa first part of August. Actually right across the hall from where Goof stayed as we were in 373. We did not have a great view of fireworks even though we faced EPCOT. Higher up would probably see somewhat but the problem is the trees are still pretty high. We had an awesome view of the street and the cars/busses that constantly went by. :mad:

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
It really is a shame that they STILL aren't updating the villas rooms. We stayed in a studio 2 years ago, and it wasn't noticeably bad, but just seemed a bit worn... Stayed in a refurbished regular room at BC in May and the contrast was alarming.

As for fireworks from the villas - our room was on the 3rd floor facing Epcot, and we could only see the higher fireworks over the trees, which are fairly tall. You could hear quite a bit of the live music performances, as well as the fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom