Anyone at MK?

orlpassholder

hehe cool well im going the 29th for my Bday.. I am going to start filming all the rides (excluding Asias water raft, and Rockin rollercoaster) But I will be starting off first out front by the train then riding the train around the entire park then I am off to Tomorrow land where I will film time keeper buzz cop alien encounter tta rockets and the indy speedway then maybe fantasyand if the batteries hold and or I have time :) I have the entire ride of 20k on tape that I might have the splice in when I do fantasy land :) Good fun... Good luck with your filim and I cant wait to see it. Ill post some high res shots and med res shots of COP sometime next weekend

zonguy

Ha! beat you all! :D

I was there sometime after 1:00pm On Saturday. I rode it twice. I already knew my digital would not cooperate with the lower lighting, so I just videoed the show.

Funny thing happened on my first time through. We went from era to era just fine, but when we finished the final scene (Grandma and the video game) the theater did not move to the exit position. The funny thing was that at first you did not realize that there had been a problem, but then the characters began the dialog over again. People started groaning.:lol:

Aftere a moment, a CM came on the overhead speakers and announced that there had been a "glitch" and that we would be moving as soon as the scene finished. "It will only be another 5 minutes" he said. More groaning.

My second time was uneventful. Everything seemed to work just fine.

I personally did not notice anything particularly spruced up. I did notice that the firework effect was not running at the end. They used to shine images of fireworks on the side walls as your seat moved to the final exit/segment. Also, the charactors in the third scene were dressed in the patriotic/July 4th setting. I seem to recall the little boy playing a jazz number on the record player, but this time it was a march and he was dressed in colonial garb.

It was interesting to listen to the guests talk as they exited. The first group seemed to feel like the ride was a waste of time. This is probably due to the delay in exiting. The second group made comments about how nice the show was, and how it brought back memories.

Reporting from MK... back to you Jane....;)

ToTBellHop

how long has this glitch been occurring? I haven't been on it for two years...it was closed all week last year. To be quite honest, I don't honestly like it...but, happy that it's open for all of you who do!

NowInc

Hmm..i remember it happneing over a year ago...and several times throughout the rest of the year...I dont remember it happening BEFORE that..but than again..I didnt always ride it...

Scooter

I've ridden CoP at least 20 times over the past few years.
Never have I ever experienced a glitch in either the ride OR the sound.

Even if I did experiance such a thing I probably wouldn't think anything of it. Stuff happens...and if I dwell on it, it just might make a negative dent in my other wise wonderful, magical Disney vacation.

I say..if you don't have anything good to say about a ride, don't ride it...move on..Disney has much to offer and always has had something for everyone. I complain too much at home..I refuse to let stuff get to me on a vacation. :animwink:

ToTBellHop

Telling those of us who are not fond of Carousel of Progress to not ride it is not going to help it stay open for those of you who enjoy it--not to say it would definitely stay open if a million people rode it, but the fewer riders they see, the lesser chance of it staying open...true, it is in Eisner, Pressler, and co.'s hands, but low attendance will certainly not help. Good luck to you in keeping your ride open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom