Any Updates on Test Track Redo?

lazyboy97o

I am hoping they left it up to shade the workers. And it could be removed in a day or two. So I am staying optinistic. Should they remove it the news would be the biggest since wand removal.
If the purpose is shade for Cast Members, it is highly inadequate. It is high up and facing the wrong direction to be truly effective during the worst times of the day.

ridetech939

i do understand that, however programming has made huge milestones in 15 years. Also they can prolly steal alot of stuff from the cars land. I am not saying it will be easy but it should not be what it was so many years ago. Anyone have any word on when the cars come back i heard they went out to get redesigned or reworked or refurbished i cant remember

Yes and No, Industrial control systems don't change at anywhere near the speed of our average PCs. Reason being is most Industrial Control Systems are designed to be used for 20 to 30 years (think paper mill). In the late 90s WDI was in love with Allen-Bradley PLC 5s. (from what I hear almost nothing has changed) RSR may not be built on the same platform as TT (Control logix vs PLC 5s). So dropping and dragging code may not be so easy. (but last I heard Disney had not made the leap to Control Logix so my previous statment maybe moot)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes and No, Industrial control systems don't change at anywhere near the speed of our average PCs. Reason being is most Industrial Control Systems are designed to be used for 20 to 30 years (think paper mill). In the late 90s WDI was in love with Allen-Bradley PLC 5s. (from what I hear almost nothing has changed) RSR may not be built on the same platform as TT (Control logix vs PLC 5s). So dropping and dragging code may not be so easy. (but last I heard Disney had not made the leap to Control Logix so my previous statment maybe moot)
Quite true. In my line of work (truss engineering) the computers used for design benefit greatly from new hardware and software, but that improvement does not translate to the production side. The computer controlled saws still run on first generation Pentiums running Windows 98. I could hook up an i7 gaming rig to these things and we wound not see even the slightest tick in increased production.

Alektronic

Several rides use Control Logix and it is basically the same system and same programming but uses less wiring and uses remote I/O.

ridetech939

Several rides use Control Logix and it is basically the same system and same programming but uses less wiring and uses remote I/O.

Good to know, it was rumoured that at one time the most advanced PLC processor on WDW property was at the Textile Services (hotel laundry facility). Next thing you know WDI will start using the standard off the shelf one-shot instruction that comes with Logix5000 (or Logix5) instead of making their own.

I believe that Allen-Bradley finally bit the bullet and started recomenned that PLC 5s NOT be used for new construction. Next thing you know WDI will start using GuardLogix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom