Any type of discount during Christmas?

DaddyDisneyMan

Good Morning and Happy Monday folks,
This may and probably is a silly question considering WDW is packed during Christmas time, but...

...Does Disney ever offer a discount during this time of year, or is it the opposite and the rates actually go up. I am sitting here at work and looking at the calendar and it may just work out that I can take my family on a trip leaving Dec. 26 & returning Jan.2 :)

lostpro9het

...Does Disney ever offer a discount during this time of year, or is it the opposite and the rates actually go up. I am sitting here at work and looking at the calendar and it may just work out that I can take my family on a trip leaving Dec. 26 & returning Jan.2 :)
In recent offers '10 and '11 at least, and maybe '12, the discounts/free dining had a "last day to check in" around the 18th-20th. So if you could have checked in on the last day and run your vacation through the week of Christmas you could qualify for a discount during Christmas, we did this in '10 with a 9 day vaca that started on the 19th so we could get "free dining" , but I dont believe I've ever seen a discount during the week of Christmas .

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

If you look at the historical discount info here -> http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/ you can see that they did offer a discount for the time between Christmas and New Years once over the last 4 years. You may be able to get a AAA discount if you are a member, but that would be 5-10% max. In 2013, Dec 20-31 is considered Holiday, and the most expensive room rates of the year. And as Master Yoda said, they have typically had dining cost increases, you can see more about there here -> http://www.wdwmagic.com/holiday-dining-dates.htm

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

I have noticed recently, that Disney hasn't been completely blacking out dates. Even over Easter they had some room discounts, although very limited. So, I have my fingers crossed for Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath, or anything.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Extremely unlikely to have much if any discount. Also prices are the highest or the whole year that week in rooms and dinning prices. Be prepared to shuck out alot to stay at that time. Lol :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom