Any tips for seeing Elsa & Anna?

iYazmo

Original Poster
My family and I haven't been back to WDW since the Elsa & Anna M&G was introduced. I've read the stories about the insane wait times so I was wondering if there are any tips for this M&G? Should we try to get a breakfast reservation and sneak over before the park opens, etc. Is it actually worth it to wait 4 hours for this M&G? Last time we went, we were stuck waiting 3 hours for Tinker Bell but it was definitely worth the wait.

Thanks in advance!

EmmieSue

I don't think a reservation would honestly help you much unless you plan to be like the people who get a reservation, but then don't actually go to it so they can go to the Anna and Elsa M&G right off before everyone who actually eats and before the rope drop crowd comes in. I looked a little before 8am or maybe a little after the other day and both that and 7DMT already said they had 45 minute waits. Unless they put in those waits in advance in anticipation of the crowds. Your best bet is a fastpass if you can get one.

I haven't met them and don't plan to wait in line to unless we get a fastpass or find a short time so I can't judge the quality of it. Just remember that the longer the line, the less time the CM's have to interact. I wouldn't wait in the crazy lines. Maybe if you really have a frozen fanatic then you can get a 45-60 min wait if you time it right, but I wouldn't think it would be worth a 180+ minute wait.

KLinder7

I said this in another thread but if you don't have a fastpass for it, try to see if someone canceled day of. I went for my 4th or 5th FP and there happened to be one time slot at 9-10p. I'm sorry but there is so much you can experience in the same 2-3 hours you would be waiting in line. To me just not worth it.

iYazmo

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses everyone. I wasn't sure if there was anything special about the M&G in the first place. I guess there isn't. Probably going to end up FastPassing it or skipping it entirely.

Furrealz?

Yes, it was one of the best M&G experiences I've ever had. Tinker Bell was fantastic and my whole family loved interacting with her. I was wearing a James Bond shirt and she cracked some really good Bond jokes.

Disney Stine

I have never done the M&G with Anna and Elsa but I was in Disney World two weeks ago (oh boy - it feels like a lifetime ago!) and I watched the fireworks behind the castle. During the fireworks there was only a half hour wait. So maybe a suggestion could be watching the fireworks at Magic Kingdom one night and then the next night you're at the park you can go to the M&G since you already saw Wishes.

BuddyThomas

Thanks for the responses everyone. I wasn't sure if there was anything special about the M&G in the first place. I guess there isn't. Probably going to end up FastPassing it or skipping it entirely.

Yes, it was one of the best M&G experiences I've ever had. Tinker Bell was fantastic and my whole family loved interacting with her. I was wearing a James Bond shirt and she cracked some really good Bond jokes.
I'm really happy to hear that Tink finally learned how to talk, grew to human height (maybe she took a side trip to Wonderland and ate a mushroom?) and knows modern pop culture references.
;)
Kidding. Glad you had fun.

tribbleorlfl

Haven't been able to snag a fastpass for them yet (they're typically long-gone when my AP window opens up), and as big a Frozen fan my daughter is, there's no way we're waiting an hour or more to meet them.

That being said, we went to the MVMCP this past December and were shocked to find only a 15 minute wait. If you can get to a hard-ticketed event, I would say that's the way to go.

The experience itself, was magical. I cannot describe how gob-smacked she was, and the ladies were amazing with her.
image-jpg.79435

fb_img_1421250568500-jpg.79437

fb_img_1421250579231-jpg.79438

Weather_Lady

My family and I haven't been back to WDW since the Elsa & Anna M&G was introduced. I've read the stories about the insane wait times so I was wondering if there are any tips for this M&G? Should we try to get a breakfast reservation and sneak over before the park opens, etc. Is it actually worth it to wait 4 hours for this M&G? Last time we went, we were stuck waiting 3 hours for Tinker Bell but it was definitely worth the wait.

Thanks in advance!

There is absolutely no reason in the world you should have to wait multiple hours for a M&G. Fastpass it, get a pre-rope drop breakfast ADR (you'll still likely be stuck behind a rope for a bit -- there are several successive ones, now), rope drop it, or don't do it at all! Unless you visit WDW several times a year, I can't imagine how standing in line for more than 20 minutes for anything is worth it. With a little planning and forethought, and a visit timed to avoid the highest crowds of the year, you shouldn't ever have to. :)

CaptainAmerica

This is where I make my bi-monthly observation that the idea that there are people waiting for hours to meet a college kid in a costume....boggles my mind. Seriously.
Tinkerbell-Is-Mad-At-You-In-Peter-Pan-Gif.gif

But seriously... Grown people. Like. Full-grown adults.

My general feeling is that fur characters are awesome for kids but creepy for adults. Face characters are creepy always.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom