Any table service restaurant CMs here?

Nicole

Original Poster
I am curious how the new dining plan works as far as the gratuity for servers. It seems to me that if the dining plan "dinner allowance" is a flat rate then the tip would be a flat rate too. I think I heard that the gratuity is included?? How is that calculated? I would venture a guess that for buffet servers it's a better deal than for regular table service places, since at a buffet I tend to tip a little lower (12 - 15%) seeing as how I do most of the work myself. In a full-service restaurant I rarely tip less than 20% unless the service is poor - which has never happened at a WDW restaurant (except AK Rainforest) for me.

JPVonDrake

Nicole said:
I am curious how the new dining plan works as far as the gratuity for servers. It seems to me that if the dining plan "dinner allowance" is a flat rate then the tip would be a flat rate too. I think I heard that the gratuity is included?? How is that calculated? I would venture a guess that for buffet servers it's a better deal than for regular table service places, since at a buffet I tend to tip a little lower (12 - 15%) seeing as how I do most of the work myself. In a full-service restaurant I rarely tip less than 20% unless the service is poor - which has never happened at a WDW restaurant (except AK Rainforest) for me.

The gratuity recieved by your Server is based on 18% of your total food bill before taxes at all Disney Dinning Plan Meal locations. So please, please, please feel free to order the most expensive items on the menu. Your wait staff will love you for it! :D

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
JPVonDrake said:
The gratuity recieved by your Server is based on 18% of your total food bill before taxes at all Disney Dinning Plan Meal locations. So please, please, please feel free to order the most expensive items on the menu. Your wait staff will love you for it! :D

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

We made an effort to order more expensive dishes, even if we weren't planning on eating them. Some desserts, all I could manage was a taste, I was already so stuffed. But I had figured out that the tip was based on what I ordered, not what I ate! Least I could do for those CMs [Well, occasionally added more tip when the service was really over the top!]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom