Any success stories with the wait list?

Boardwalker

Original Poster
Just booked 5 nights at the boardwalk and 2 at wilderness lodge. Would have preferred 4 at boardwalk and 3 at beach club. That's what I am wait listed for, trip is in September. I messed up thinking it was a 6 month out booking window when in actuality it is 7, lesson learned:(. You guys think I have a chance of getting the beach club?

Phonedave

September should not be too long of a shot. Short stays are pretty good too.

I have had wait lists fulfilled, and wait lists denied. It all depends on if you are looking for a desireable resort in a desireable time or not.

-dave

tbatt3133

We too have ALWAYS had wait lists come thru. Keep checking. Don't just sit back and wait to be called; keep calling yourself. If you put the effort into it I'm sure it will sort itself out. We've been members since 1997 and have had many many wait lists and I can't think of any time it didn't sort itself out. Just be pro-active on it.

MaxsDad

I have had good success with waitlist. A standard view studio at BWV being an exception. This September as a matter of fact, our waitlist for V@GF came through, so it can happen. When I have stayed at BCV, I have booked right at 7 months.

I will put in a stated, automated request with member services, but being a bit obsessive, I check on line each morning to see if anything I could use pops up.

slappy magoo

I only did the wait list once and was NOT successful. We were going in early December which technically is a low-point Value Season but we just never got lucky. To be fair though, this was December of 2008 and I think a lot of people just wanted to celebrate Obama being elecOWOWOWOW STOP THROWING THINGS AT ME OK OK NO POLITICS! :in pain:

BigTxEars

I only did the wait list once and was NOT successful. We were going in early December which technically is a low-point Value Season but we just never got lucky. To be fair though, this was December of 2008 and I think a lot of people just wanted to celebrate Obama being elecOWOWOWOW STOP THROWING THINGS AT ME OK OK NO POLITICS! :in pain:

Or drink it off at Epcot.....

gwhb75

We wait listed for the first time this year at BLT and it came through. We were originally booked at SSR (our home resort), and at 7 months out changed to AKL, but waitlisted BLT just to see if we could get in. We have stayed at AKL the past 3 years so we were looking to try something else. I called Member Services a few weeks later about something else, and while I was on the phone she said she had to put me on hold for a second, and when she came back she said our BLT waitlist had come through (lake view studio). So we'll have 9 nights at the end of August at BLT for the first time.

harryk

Just made our waitlist request a few days ago to transfer from the VWL to BWV (8 nights) and over the week-end it was filled. This is a first for us (getting a waitlist filled so fast) and we are more than happy. The cast member who assisted was simply the greatest. Flying down the week prior to Thanksgiving day and returning home on Thanksgiving Day. Will be home to be with the extended family for the holiday.

tlev

My waitlist came through in March for the extra night I wanted to stay at AKL. My waitlist for October also came through a couple of weeks ago. We wanted BLT for 5 nights, but originally could only get 3. I was not ever expecting it to go through so I was shocked to get the email that those last 2 nights were available.

Ralphlaw

I just booked BWV standard view 1 bedroom from Dec. 23 through the 29th. We also want to stay there (without moving) for the night of the 30th and 31st. I waitlisted them. I assume when the big shuffle comes at the 7 month window, something will open up, but I do worry. What do you all think?

Phonedave

I just booked BWV standard view 1 bedroom from Dec. 23 through the 29th. We also want to stay there (without moving) for the night of the 30th and 31st. I waitlisted them. I assume when the big shuffle comes at the 7 month window, something will open up, but I do worry. What do you all think?

That is a popular resort, at a popular time of year, in close proximity to a park that has popular events during that holiday.

Sorry, but I am going to say your chances of having the days before New Year's Eve open up at Beach Club are not too good.

-dave

Ralphlaw

Actually, it's Boardwalk, but I assume your non-optimistic outlook holds true there as well. Oh well, we'll keep on hoping. Thanks.

olewnikpe

We too have ALWAYS had wait lists come thru. Keep checking. Don't just sit back and wait to be called; keep calling yourself. If you put the effort into it I'm sure it will sort itself out. We've been members since 1997 and have had many many wait lists and I can't think of any time it didn't sort itself out. Just be pro-active on it.

I'm wait listed, for the first time ever; we've been members since 2001. Right now, we're booked a OKW, but have wait lists at both BLT and AKL for the week of Dec. 6, which I've now come to understand is a very busy DVC time, even if its not so much in the parks.

Anyway, I just want to confirm the best approach for a wait list to come through, or those of you that have had success, how you believe made it successful. I've been checking the DVC website daily at the status of my wait lists and checking live availability by going through the motions of the booking process, but should I be sprinkling in some phone calls to DVC as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom