Any news on The Tiki Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMF

Though I respect your opinion...... IMHO The DL version is AWESOME!!! Under New Management is not so much.... I believe the Imagineers who were forced to create UNM had good intentions,
I believe the Show Writers just copied what Michael Eisner said during a Blue Sky session and just made that Iago's dialogue.

Krack

I believe the Show Writers just copied what Michael Eisner said during a Blue Sky session and just made that Iago's dialogue.

While you were probably joking, I actually think this is what happened. Which, sadly, makes it the first self-loathing attraction in Disney history AFAIK. Walt, rolling, grave, etc.

flavious27

A way to rid of iago

Gilbert Gottfried was just fired by Aflac because of tasteless jokes he made about the disaster in japan, if an insurance company will fire him will Disney?

link

Magenta Panther

Gilbert Gottfried was just fired by Aflac because of tasteless jokes he made about the disaster in japan, if an insurance company will fire him will Disney?

link

That's a very good question. I saw Gilbert's remarks via Twitter, and they really are pretty awful. I'm astonished at his bad taste. I don't know if it warrants his being fired, but he certainly deserves to have his head smacked if you ask me.

JustInTime

That's a very good question. I saw Gilbert's remarks via Twitter, and they really are pretty awful. I'm astonished at his bad taste. I don't know if it warrants his being fired, but he certainly deserves to have his head smacked if you ask me.

I agree. He won't be fired. There are plenty of actors who have done really offensive things that still work with Disney. Plus, most of the voices used in attractions are not the actual actors (I am sure it's gilbert in New Management). I know Gene is never actually Robin Williams. But either way, is he even hired by Disney still? And I am sure they could find a similar voice actor if they wanted to.

flavious27

I agree. He won't be fired. There are plenty of actors who have done really offensive things that still work with Disney. Plus, most of the voices used in attractions are not the actual actors (I am sure it's gilbert in New Management). I know Gene is never actually Robin Williams. But either way, is he even hired by Disney still? And I am sure they could find a similar voice actor if they wanted to.

You mean like how phil lewis was driving drunk and it led to someone's death back in '91?

Even though most of the CMs at DLT are not actual employees of disney co, it would upset me if I am going though my country's worst disaster that I hear these comments and disney will not follow suit and do something about it. It is one thing that he makes jokes at a roast about a celebrity, posting insensitive jokes through the internet is another matter.

lazyboy97o

I am very excited to hear that we may be seeing the Tropical Serenade return. My family loves Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room and it is a three generation tradition to start a day at Disneyland with the show. We were all quite disappointed on our first visit to Walt Disney World.

But if it is a new control system, that means the entire show may need to be re-programmed--and that will cost money.
I would think that it is possible to copy digital controls. So the only real new programming would then be the pre-show, which I believe features similar birds that could be reprogrammed. Even if the ride controls need to be upgraded, that is still probably cheaper than a new Iago figure. The retro merchandise has obviously been selling well (especially the shirt with Mickey Mouse and the old logo, I saw it everywhere on my last trip) and this would be a cheaper means of trying it out on an attraction. It can also be sold as a "present" for the Magic Kingdom's 40th birthday. And best of all, assuming it is cheaper, there does not seem to be much risk if attendance does not turn out.

aladdin2007

Im guessing and hoping this means they will be restoring the water feature fountains in the middle again, that has to cost a bit of money alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom