Any feedback on Mama Melrose?

prfctlyximprct

Yum!!! That picture made me so hungry hahah! I think you convinced us!
Glad my lack of skill good photo has swayed you! I remember loving this meal, and the ambiance of the restaurant... Oh and I also got a wine flight! I don't think you can go wrong with mama melrose, I recently switched from brown derby to mamas :)

jpittore1

Solid restaurant. The flat bread is a great lunch and is big. We order two and share among three of us.

We're not fans of the Brown Derby, we've tried two or three times it was okay, not great. For the price Brown Derby didn't impress.

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
Mama's is a regular stop on our visits. The pasta is good and the steaks are delicious too. On one out visits, We had the the pleasure of interacting with some of the Steets of Hollywood characters. How they got over that far, I have no clue but they made a great dinner exceptional.

Dylan Ann

You all have convinced me to try Mamas as well :)
I'm going to book my ADRs tomorrow - I want to get the Fantasmic package, but I wasn't sure if they were available to book this far out. Can you normally book them when you are making your other ADRs? This is my first time booking at 180 days :)

danyoung56

Assuming you have a hotel booked, as soon as your 180 day window opens up, you can book for that day PLUS 10 days. So yes, you can book your entire trip all at once. Cool, huh?

Dylan Ann

That's great, thanks! I've been to Disney a bunch of times before, but this is the first time I've done this much planning and booking in advance. It's a little scary and exciting, lol!
I know I'll have to wait a bit to book the Candlelight Processional,, but I wasn't sure how this worked. Mama Melrose only counts as 1 TSC for the Fantasmic package at lunch, right? I'm thinking of paying out of pocket for lunch at Marrakesh to the Candlelight Processional. I'm stingy with my table credits :)

It will be nice to have everything booked and then just forget about it until FastPass time!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
That's great, thanks! I've been to Disney a bunch of times before, but this is the first time I've done this much planning and booking in advance. It's a little scary and exciting, lol!
I know I'll have to wait a bit to book the Candlelight Processional,, but I wasn't sure how this worked. Mama Melrose only counts as 1 TSC for the Fantasmic package at lunch, right? I'm thinking of paying out of pocket for lunch at Marrakesh to the Candlelight Processional. I'm stingy with my table credits :)

It will be nice to have everything booked and then just forget about it until FastPass time!
Yes, Mama's Fantasmic package is 1 TS credit.

Don't be surprised if you are unable to book Mama's tomorrow. Last year I wanted to book for December but Mama's did not release ADRs until August even though my 180 days was in June, like you. So keep trying if unsuccessful in the morning and be patient. :geek:

Dylan Ann

Thanks everyone! It looks like they are currently available through November, so if it's not available tomorrow, hopefully it should be soon. Looking forward to it!

Clarissa McDaniel

I've never been to Brown Derby but I have been to Mama Melrose several times. The food at Mama Melrose has always been tasty with generous portions. Service is hit or miss. The first time we went our server was excellent. Another time the service was horrendous. The atmosphere is fun and laid back.

Dylan Ann

I was finally able to book my Mama Melrose Fantasmic package for December 16 today - it first showed up as an option online a few days ago, but there didn't seem to actually be any reservations, and when I called they said it looked like they were updating the system. But I was able to snag at 12:10 reservation today, so now the only thing left to book is a Candlelight Procession package when it's available :)

me_stitch

Premium Member
I'm eating here in August, we try new restaurants every trip, ate at Sci-fi last time and enjoyed the atmosphere/experience more than the food. Looking forward to Mama Melrose's.

katie123

also love Mama Melrose.
Book it as a Fantasmic! dinner package if you can-great value and reserved seating for show- one of our definite must dos!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom