Any feedback on Mama Melrose?

laben594

Original Poster
Is good or should we do Hollywood Derby?

I love via Napoli, is there any sort of comparison? Thanks!!

belledream

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal there (steal + pasta) and were huge fans of the colorful décor. The whole area around the restaurant just has that aromatic smell of a pizza cooking away in a wood-burning oven. :hungry:

I haven't been to Brown Derby in a while - but that's a very different dining experience. It depends on what you're looking for I suppose.

laben594

Original Poster
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal there (steal + pasta) and were huge fans of the colorful décor. The whole area around the restaurant just has that aromatic smell of a pizza cooking away in a wood-burning oven. :hungry:

I haven't been to Brown Derby in a while - but that's a very different dining experience. It depends on what you're looking for I suppose.

Yum sounds good already! Thank you, we keep hearing mixed reviews about it so I wasn't sure if it was worth the Disney meal or not :)

belledream

Yum sounds good already! Thank you, we keep hearing mixed reviews about it so I wasn't sure if it was worth the Disney meal or not :)
For all the hate for HS in general, I think all of their TS restaurants have something really great about them. 50's, Sci-Fi, Mama, BD...you shouldn't be able to go wrong with any of them. ;) All have unique and enjoyable atmospheres, and the food to match accordingly!

Courtney6682

We ate there in April( myself, husband and 16 yr old daughter) and we all enjoyed it...husband liked his spicy cioppino, I enjoyed the spicy meat flatbread and my daughter liked the chicken parm she ordered.

laben594

Original Poster
We ate there in April( myself, husband and 16 yr old daughter) and we all enjoyed it...husband liked his spicy cioppino, I enjoyed the spicy meat flatbread and my daughter liked the chicken parm she ordered.

Chicken parm is my favorite which is why I wanted to go here :) glad to know it was good! Nothing is worse then bad chicken parm! Haha

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We do all three most of our trips! Lol. We love Via Napoli for pizza and Mama Melrose for pasta, and HBD for a delicious signature meal. We prefer lunch at HBD because before 3pm you can ask for the prosciutto fettuccini dish they are famous for (not always on the menu but only available at lunch) and also have a wagyu beef burger and all their same great dinner dishes you can get at lunch as well. We also usually do 50's every trip and on some trips Sci-Fi. ;)

laben594

Original Poster
We do all three most of our trips! Lol. We love Via Napoli for pizza and Mama Melrose for pasta, and HBD for a delicious signature meal. We prefer lunch at HBD because before 3pm you can ask for the prosciutto fettuccini dish they are famous for (not always on the menu but only available at lunch) and also have a wagyu beef burger and all their same great dinner dishes you can get at lunch as well. We also usually do 50's every trip and on some trips Sci-Fi. ;)
Wow that's awesome!! I've only been to 50s before and it was so so (our waiter wasn't acting with the theme :( )

I'm liking all the positive comments about Melrose now! I was nervous because I wasn't sure it was worth it, you know?

PEPPER2029

We've been every year except for this last April. I really missed it. The fantastic package is a good deal and I truly loved all of our dinners there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom