Any Chance UOR will attempt a Food& Wine type Event?

danpam1024

Original Poster
I know the hotels do things such as Harbor Nights, Wine Riffs, and Jakes beer dinners, but do you think UOR will get in on a larger event like the Food and Wine Fest at Epcot? Busch Gardens has jumped on the bandwagon, and theirs is quite nice. We went to Epcot this past Friday (first time in 5 years), and I was SO DISAPPOINTED. There were SO MANY drunk people- I'm all about having a good time, but geez. The lines were horrendous, and it was ridiculously crowded. We still had fun, but WDW just isn't the same. We were all so relieved when we checked in at RP the next day.

Cmdr_Crimson

I know the hotels do things such as Harbor Nights, Wine Riffs, and Jakes beer dinners, but do you think UOR will get in on a larger event like the Food and Wine Fest at Epcot? Busch Gardens has jumped on the bandwagon, and theirs is quite nice. We went to Epcot this past Friday (first time in 5 years), and I was SO DISAPPOINTED. There were SO MANY drunk people- I'm all about having a good time, but geez. The lines were horrendous, and it was ridiculously crowded. We still had fun, but WDW just isn't the same. We were all so relieved when we checked in at RP the next day.

And this is why Universal doesn't do it probably due to that....

Disneyhead'71

Mardi Gras!

danpam1024

Original Poster
It's been a few years for me.. But during my HHN years I encountered plenty of drunk people. Some within my own party. :(. Me, I was just tipsy ;)
I really don't mid tipsy, or even a little drunk, but at Epcot this time, there were hoards of drunk off their a$$ drunks. Swearing (I'm no saint, but I try to keep it clean, especially around other people's children), being vulgar, and just down right obnoxious. Sloppy drunks. Amateurs. I didn't see that type of behavior at HHN- just silly drunks having a good time. Personally, I don't drink at HHN because I'm seriously afraid someone will scare me and I'll pee my pants LOL!:jawdrop::joyfull:

21stamps

I really don't mid tipsy, or even a little drunk, but at Epcot this time, there were hoards of drunk off their a$$ drunks. Swearing (I'm no saint, but I try to keep it clean, especially around other people's children), being vulgar, and just down right obnoxious. Sloppy drunks. Amateurs. I didn't see that type of behavior at HHN- just silly drunks having a good time. Personally, I don't drink at HHN because I'm seriously afraid someone will scare me and I'll pee my pants LOL!:jawdrop::joyfull:
I've never encounter that at either one. Like o said, it's been a few years though. I hope I never do run into that.. Sloppy drunk people are annoying!

Disneyhead'71

Yeah, somehow Disney has truly captured the "Spirit of the Frat Party" at F&W weekends.

HHN has more intoxicated people, but they are better behaved. They don't go full on frat party.

tribbleorlfl

All I know is OCSO set up a mobile booking station behind my restaurant the years HHN was at IOA and typically was full of people getting processed the whole night. Witnessed many fights and other forms of bad druken behavior. Beverage to food sales often were 2:1.

While I criticize Disney's expansion of the Boozefests, HHN being so dark in nature naturally attracts a younger, more aggressive crowd.

matt9112

Disney does it because they need to drive Epcot profit and attendance. Universal has no such need as they are still in the theme park business at both their parks.

Meh when festival started so was disney. so i think thats a little weak. maybe could explain how its morphed into such a cluster.

Disneyhead'71

All I know is OCSO set up a mobile booking station behind my restaurant the years HHN was at IOA and typically was full of people getting processed the whole night. Witnessed many fights and other forms of bad druken behavior. Beverage to food sales often were 2:1.

While I criticize Disney's expansion of the Boozefests, HHN being so dark in nature naturally attracts a younger, more aggressive crowd.
I've seen the processing center at USF. :devilish:

It's in T2's queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom