Any absolutely BIZZARE CM/Character experiences?

Phineas

Original Poster
Thought it might be fun to share anything just downright odd regarding past interactions/conversations with WDW cast members or characters. I have one that continues to be an inside joke with our family:

On one of our visits when I was still in Middle School, on one of our last days, we were in the Magic Kingdom and saw Mary Poppins strolling around Main Street greeting guests and twirling her parasol dressed in her Jolly Holiday best. Because we were young, and it was the thing to do, my brother and I got excited and approached Ms. Poppins with our autograph books in hand. My younger brother went up to her and said "Hi, Mary Poppins! Can we get your autograph?" Mary looked at us, smiled and said, "Oh, children! I'm not Mary Poppins! I'm Sarah Pixley! I'm here auditioning children like yourselves for a fun new performance!" she then took my brother's autograph book and happily scribbled down "Best wishes, Sarah Pixley xoxo" It was-otherworldly. We were both dumbfounded and kind of crushed that we'd been duped by a Poppins impostor. While she was signing my brother's book, I had slipped mine away so Sarah couldn't contaminate my book with her ordinary, non-magical, non-Disney name. We thanked her and walked away as she said "I hope to see you at the audition!" Behind us was literally a line of children. A man with his daughter ushered her towards Ms. Pixley saying "Go ahead, let's get your picture with Mary Poppins!" And as if on cue, she happily chimed, "I'm not Mary Poppins, sir, I'm Sarah Pixley!"

To this day, my family randomly says "I'm Sarah Pixley!"

And you guys, her costume was spot on. Like it HAD to be from the costuming department, there's no way it wasn't.

tracyandalex

In December DD4 met Mickey at the Greeting Trails in Camp Minnie-Mickey in Ak. When the meet was over (it was kind of a long meet and greet and I could tell the folks behind us were getting antsy) Mickey took DD's hand and started walking off with her out the exit! Me. DH, and the character CM went running after them and the CM scolded Mickey for trying to skip out on his job. We finally convinced DD and Mickey to part ways and as we are leaving Mickey gives DH a hug and pints to DH's shirt (a Dunder Mifflin shirt) and gives a thumbs up. DD loves that story, but I was a little freaked out by it. Other characters had joked about going with her, but none has ever taken her!

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Have had several on our honeymoon
Rhino from bolt tried walking off with my wife only to be told to come back by his handler ..
Mickey Stole a kiss from DW whilst i wasn't looking ...
(noticing a trend here :rolleyes: )

On other trips many characters have given a thumbs up or thumbs down to any Dale Jr T-shirts i have been wearing...

Frozone also gave us both grief for a John Cena T-shirt by striking a pose the Rock is more famous for..

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
2013-01-18%2B20.53.53.jpg

My DW has just reminded me This is what Rhino wrote in her autograph book....

Also she was chased by captain hook because she has Tink tattoed on her shoulder ...

lunchbox1175

At 1900 Park Fare, Anastasia told us she thought that Prince Charming had a shoe fettish, and that she would want a Prince that got her nice purses and bags...to which i asked "does that mean you have a leather fettish", its the only time i have seen a character struggle to stay in character, she got beat red, you could tell she wanted to snap back with something funny, she turned to my fiance and said "he's a naughty one isn't he?"...then she pulled it together. We explained to her that we had just gotten engaged that day at Cinderella's table, she brought over all of the others and told them. While they were all looking at her ring and admiring it, she looked at me and said "take a picture dummy"...to this day that remains the funniest character experience yet.

MarkTwain

On an Alaskan cruise, I took an elevator from the top deck down several levels to our stateroom. Shortly after I get on the elevator, who should get on but a parka-dressed Goofy and his character attendant. Goofy imitated shivering and being freezing while his attendant and I laughed about it. I got off, waved goodbye and went to my stateroom.

HOURS later, I went back up to to the top of the ship, and Goofy is walking around the deck in his parka. I had my doubts it was the "same" Goofy, but suddenly he stopped in his tracks, gestured excitedly to his attendant (who was different) and then mimed going down an elevator. It was great. :)

Cmdr_Crimson

I find it interesting when I find out that a Few Characters could glomp you..I have quite a few Kingdom Heart Shirts (For anyone who is video game illiterate and have NO Clue what it is..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts) I came into Epcot Character spot donning one of my KH shirts and as you recall you meet mickey and go down the line...Well, it was almost around closing when I met them so there was about 5 or 6 people ahead of me and I was the tail end when they closed the door for the night..So my turn came up and the first thing that happens is out of Nowhere Pluto does a Mad dash over and just Hugs me..Mickey tries to calm him down which made him look confused until he pointed out to my shirt Mickey then got excited which then brought Donald & Goofy and they just were so excited to see a Kingdom Hearts fan in front of them...I would mention all the stuff I told them about the game but, unfortunately...Unless you know the game I am wasting time explaining it..But, let's just say they did do one scene where Goofy get's injured which made the CM's burst in laughter...

taz0162

I find it interesting when I find out that a Few Characters could glomp you..I have quite a few Kingdom Heart Shirts (For anyone who is video game illiterate and have NO Clue what it is..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts) I came into Epcot Character spot donning one of my KH shirts and as you recall you meet mickey and go down the line...Well, it was almost around closing when I met them so there was about 5 or 6 people ahead of me and I was the tail end when they closed the door for the night..So my turn came up and the first thing that happens is out of Nowhere Pluto does a Mad dash over and just Hugs me..Mickey tries to calm him down which made him look confused until he pointed out to my shirt Mickey then got excited which then brought Donald & Goofy and they just were so excited to see a Kingdom Hearts fan in front of them...I would mention all the stuff I told them about the game but, unfortunately...Unless you know the game I am wasting time explaining it..But, let's just say they did do one scene where Goofy get's injured which made the CM's burst in laughter...
Simply Awesome. Wish I was there to see that.

Fantasmic

In 2009, we got makeovers at the pirate league.... so, we were in Adventureland and Cap'n Hook started doing the "I'm watching you" eyes at us so we had a bit of banter back and forth, mimed of course! THEN we stayed for MNSSHP and whilst watching the parade, Cap'n Hook on the float SPOTTED us and started doing the "I'm watching you" again, it MUST have been the same Hook! So cool :)

I was watching the daytime parade in MK once, and there was a little boy (no older than 4) asleep in the stroller next to me. Out of nowhere, Anastasia comes bustling up to the stroller and begins full on shrieking, "YOU'RE MISSING IT!" at the sleeping child! She kept this up until the float she was with was almost 10 feet in front of her, and the little boy was still fast asleep. She turned to the parents, hands on her hips, and snapped with utter disgust, "When he wakes up, you tell him that he missed it!" and then stormed off. It was completely random, and single handedly one of the boldest things I have ever seen a character do!

Tiggerfanatic

My DD23 would have been in 7th heaven if something like that happened to her. I don't even know how many KH shirts she has. She's big into cosplay and one of her first was Roxus. She's in Columbus OH this weekend doing Han Solo and Flynn Ryder.

PUSH

You learn something new every day!

DH has worn that shirt to WDW several times and it seems that several Disney characters dig The Office along with several CMs and guests. DH always gets tons of comments on that shirt at WDW.

I once went with my uncle and he had a Dunder Mifflin baseball cap on. CMs commented on it a couple of times. The Office must be a popular TV show to watch in the employee break rooms!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom