Anxiously Waiting for Free Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
In the past I believe AoA was not included in the offer. It may have been offered in pin code dining offers as I remember PoR was excluded but it was included in the pin offer I got in 2014. The dates for pins, started earlier too.
Oh man, I hope that's not the case. I thought in the past that the little mermaid rooms were excluded but suites were included. If my nemo suite is excluded I'm going to need to switch resorts I think. Yikes!

DisneyGigi

Oh man, I hope that's not the case. I thought in the past that the little mermaid rooms were excluded but suites were included. If my nemo suite is excluded I'm going to need to switch resorts I think. Yikes!
Crossing my fingers for ya, that you don't have to switch.

victoryyy

Logistics question. If we are having to check in two days before the free dining starts how do we take advantage of the offer. For example free dining starts November 15. We want to check in the 13th, Can we book two nights room only at say Pop(pay out of pocket for meals) and then on the 15th move to CBR with free dining? We could just get 7 or 8 day pack tickets right, or would we have to go two days and then 5 or 6 for the free dining to kick in, which probably is not a good option?

victoryyy

Another question, assuming you have to have park hopper to get the free dining. Usually if you add on park hopper you can also add on water parks for not a lot more, for example park hopper 293, park hopper and waterparks is 404, does that still apply wiht the free dining promo? Any chance we could get use out of the waterparks in November?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Logistics question. If we are having to check in two days before the free dining starts how do we take advantage of the offer. For example free dining starts November 15. We want to check in the 13th, Can we book two nights room only at say Pop(pay out of pocket for meals) and then on the 15th move to CBR with free dining? We could just get 7 or 8 day pack tickets right, or would we have to go two days and then 5 or 6 for the free dining to kick in, which probably is not a good option?
Yes, you would have to do a split stay.

The most economical way would be to make your Pop days NON-PARK days. Hang around the resort, go to Disney Springs, visit the other resorts ....

A free dining package must include the purchase of park tickets. Clearly, buying a 2-day pass for the start of your trip is not the best way to spend your money.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Another question, assuming you have to have park hopper to get the free dining. Usually if you add on park hopper you can also add on water parks for not a lot more, for example park hopper 293, park hopper and waterparks is 404, does that still apply wiht the free dining promo? Any chance we could get use out of the waterparks in November?
We always get the waterparks option for our Aug/Sept trips. Never for later.

As it is, by November, one is always shut down for refurb, and many days, it's not really warm enough to swim until mid-afternoon; and then they close early.

allisonmomofthree

I just got a don't tell anyone but it's happening confirmation from a travel agent. The only variable right now seems to be the dates and oddly enough the dates around thanksgiving are not the issue it is the earlier November dates that could be reduced. Anyway I hope everyone is ready for the marathon hold times in the morning.

Can you do any of it online if you're already booked? or what time should I set my alarm to call ? ;)

Lirael

I just got a don't tell anyone but it's happening confirmation from a travel agent. The only variable right now seems to be the dates and oddly enough the dates around thanksgiving are not the issue it is the earlier November dates that could be reduced. Anyway I hope everyone is ready for the marathon hold times in the morning.

Do you know if it'll come out at 7am or later in the day?

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
Hey Now - According to Disney Food Blog, you'll need to have a park hopper or water park and more tickets, is that new for this year's offer? Also, according to the way I see it written there it looks like everyone receives regular dining, not the value resorts receiving quick service dining as I've seen in the past. Can anyone confirm this?

ninjaprincesst

Hey Now - According to Disney Food Blog, you'll need to have a park hopper or water park and more tickets, is that new for this year's offer? Also, according to the way I see it written there it looks like everyone receives regular dining, not the value resorts receiving quick service dining as I've seen in the past. Can anyone confirm this?
You need to have a park hopperand no it's stillquick service for value resorts

NZDisneyFan

Its online now but i cant seem to change my reservation. help! how do i do it? i clicked change package but it says "
No Available Offers
There are no other available offers at your hotel within your current date range. Try changing your hotel, travel dates or party size to search for other available offers."

tookydo

Its online now but i cant seem to change my reservation. help! how do i do it? i clicked change package but it says "
No Available Offers
There are no other available offers at your hotel within your current date range. Try changing your hotel, travel dates or party size to search for other available offers."
My guess is that your resort and/or room type is not part of the offer or if it is, they are already sold out. I was on at 4:00am; room availability was very limited. I'll keep checking back to see if anything changes.

NZDisneyFan

I have checked all the moderate resorts for my time period and the only ones i can get a pirate rooms at caribbean. I have a reservation for a king room at caribbean already so hoping to modify that booking. Seems unreal that at 4am it would already be sold out

tookydo

I have checked all the moderate resorts for my time period and the only ones i can get a pirate rooms at caribbean. I have a reservation for a king room at caribbean already so hoping to modify that booking. Seems unreal that at 4am it would already be sold out
When I booked the King at Caribbean was available. I did not have an existing reservation. I ended up at Pop. All of the moderates only had the more expensive rooms available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom