Another UNI dining ?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry if this has been asked and answered! I know Disney is 180+ But how does UNI handle it? Will I be going crazy on the computer or phone? How far out and when do I have to book? THNX

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The good news is dining reservations at US\IOA are not as critical as they are in WDW. The bad news is there in no central system where you can do all of your reservations and not all restaurants take reservations.

This link will give you a restaurant by restaurant break down. It is a little outdated, but it should cover about 95% of what is currently there.

http://orlandoinformer.com/page/art...tickets-packages-planning/dining-reservations

danpam1024

I think the only think I ever made a reservation at Uni was for the Palm on a Saturday night. You may need one for character breakfasts. If you want to eat at Mythos- make one. 2 months out is acceptable. Uni is AWESOME when it comes to NOT having to plan every moment of your vacation- you can actually eat what you feel like eating that day :)

BrerJon

I've never had a problem getting walk-up at any Universal restaurant, including Mythos. Disney has trained people to be paranoid about these things but it really isn't a normal part of a theme park experience.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've never had a problem getting walk-up at any Universal restaurant, including Mythos. Disney has trained people to be paranoid about these things but it really isn't a normal part of a theme park experience.
I'm paranoid about eating anywhere without a plan, as my ds and I both can't eat gluten!

wendysue

I think the only think I ever made a reservation at Uni was for the Palm on a Saturday night. You may need one for character breakfasts. If you want to eat at Mythos- make one. 2 months out is acceptable. Uni is AWESOME when it comes to NOT having to plan every moment of your vacation- you can actually eat what you feel like eating that day :)

Exactly why our next vacation to Florida will be UNI and Busch Gardens.... Too much hassle at WDW now.

BrianV

Walk up always works. On rare occasion they've said the wait was longer than we wanted (I.e 30-45 min). If you stay at a universal hotel you get priority seating, but that never seems to be needed.

ThemeParkJunkee

The only time I felt I needed a reservation was for a 4:15 Dinner at Finnegans on a night I was attending HHN. I made it through Open Table about two months in advance with no problem.

Iwerks64

I made three reservations during our last trip, Bice for a nice sit down formal dinner, Mythos for dinner in the park, and Lombards for the Cinematic Spectacular package.

Bice had empty tables while we were there, walk up would probably have been fine. Mythos was giving people a 45 minute to an hour wait for walk up. I was glad we made the ressie, but I only called and made the reservation about two weeks before leaving. The Lombards package I booked about a week ahead. No problems and I would highly recommend the package if you want to see the Cinematic Spectaculr show. Great seeing on the porch with desserts. Lombards itself looked like it probably had one tables for walk up.

The rest of the time we simply ate whenever we felt like. Gyros in Lost Continent. Krusty burger and a flaming moe. Great tacos from the Bumbleemen taco truck. Breakfast at the Three Broomsticks. The only really long wait was for the tacos because they were making them all to order.

And all of this was Easter week, very busy in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom