Another stroller question

Deadmanwalking

The last trip we took we decided it was too much of a pain to take our own stroller so we went without and then just popped into the local walmart and bought one once we were there. Our simple thought was we are going to be there for 10 days so as long as we find one that costs us less than the amount it would cost to rent is a savings. Ended up with a Costco brand which saved us more than $50 over renting and liked it enough to bring it back home (originally had thought we would just look for the first group of travellers with a baby and no stroller and offer them a freebie).

If we were to need a stroller on another trip I think we would do the same thing. Much easier to buy one when your there than buy one and lug it down with you.

brisem

I LOVE the Combi strollers!!! I currently have 3 and I am looking for a fourth one (the first one I bought does not recline very far and has no cup holder, but is a nice stroller for quick trips to the mall.) I am purchasing the ones called the City Savvy. They weigh between 12 and 17 lbs, and have a nice tri-fold system. They stroller when you first use it might seem flimsy since it moves side to side with very little effort. That is definetly not the case! It is what makes the stroller easy to steer. Watch E-bay and you can get one for under $100 for a $200 stroller.

We will be using three of these strollers at Disney in January for 2 thirteen month olds, and a 2 year old. They love sitting in these now. They will sit in them just to watch TV in or take a nap in. HIGHLY recommend.

We got ours at Babies R Us for $39 on Clearance

baz212

I have twins and didn't want to take the duoglider so I got 2 jeep strollers that cost me 50 each. We love them and use them at home more then the duoglider as long as there are 2 adults.

The Jeep ones recline, have a nice basket and have a tray for the kids and drink holders for us.
I love my Jeep stroller too. It also has saddlebags, and you can fold it and open it one-handed. We have the one with air-filled tires, works well on the rougher ground at DAK

coltow

I'll chime in and add that we used our Maclaren Triumph for our last trip to WDW. It's light, has a basket for stuff and reclines. Oh, it also has a carry strap like the Volo so it was easy to take on/off the buses. :)
I have this one too and we love it. It's light and compact for the plane/buses. DS was comfortable in it and it did recline when we needed it to. The basket isn't huge but will fit a backpack or small diaper bag.

kennedy

Original Poster
Based a lot on what all of you had to say, I went ahead and bought the Maclaren Quest. I think it will work out well. Thanks!

NewfieFan

Just FYI, I bought the Combi stroller after. I got it on sale at a Sears store in our city. I'm really happy with it. I've used it a lot just running erands, walking, etc. and it performs great. It is very easy to maneuver, folds up very compactly, and it reclines for my daughter to have it nap. I'm wishing I had had this stroller the last time we went to WDW but we'll have it for the next trip!:) I'll have to let you know if it meets the Disney criteria...:animwink:

cinderellamommy

Ok....call me crazy but I'm seriously considering bringing my "big" stroller. My DD loves it. She takes really good naps in it. It has room on the bottom for bags and soft cooler and drink holders. I have the Graco Quattro and I love it. It turns easily too. So.....would it be a bad idea to bring it??? We are flying and staying at Riverside so we will be using the Disney transportation.

I've been looking at other "lightweight" strollers and I hate the idea of buying another stroller. Especially since my DD will be turing 3 soon. But if it will make our trip easier I'll buy another one.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Just returned from the world.

We decided to bring along our jogging stroller that we bought from Target for $99. We would never go another way. We had a stroller that was a standard Jeep stroller last year, and it became harder to push the warmer it got and we had to take shifts during the day.

This year, the jogging stroller made pushing my daughter a non-issue. Very often you could mozy about the parks pushing with one hand and drinking a margarita with the other (I should know). I highly recommend this for anybody who is looking for an alternative.

mousefan1972

Ok....call me crazy but I'm seriously considering bringing my "big" stroller. My DD loves it. She takes really good naps in it. It has room on the bottom for bags and soft cooler and drink holders. I have the Graco Quattro and I love it. It turns easily too. So.....would it be a bad idea to bring it??? We are flying and staying at Riverside so we will be using the Disney transportation.

I've been looking at other "lightweight" strollers and I hate the idea of buying another stroller. Especially since my DD will be turing 3 soon. But if it will make our trip easier I'll buy another one.

I know what you mean about buying another stroller when your kids are older. Mine are 4 and 2 and I just bought a Maclaren Twin Triumph for our XMas trip. (I'll be selling it on ebay when we're done! :lol:) But the thought of lugging a huge one on the buses (we'll also be at POR) was enough to convince me it was worth it to buy a lightweight one. The Maclarens fold up so compactly, even the doubles. We were originally going to rent a double at the parks and not even bring our own, but given how busy it will be while we're there, we didn't want to take the chance of the doubles being sold out. If yours is really big and heavy, I personally wouldn't bring it, only after witnessing countless numbers of parents struggling with their huge strollers trying to get them on/off very crowded buses.

NewfieFan

I know where you're coming from here. I loved my "big" stoller too - it would have been great to have had it in the parks but that's in a perfect world. I gotta be honest with you here... after a couple times of folding up your stroller and trying to drag it on a bus full of people while carrying your child and any other gear you might be carrying you'll seriously consider leaving it on the sidewalk. And then there's the "excuse me", "pardon me", "sorry I didn't mean to hit you in the head" etc. that you'll be repeating as you attempt to maneuver yourself through the bus. I'd like to tell you to take whatever stroller you want but if you're using Disney transportation it's almost mandatory that you have a compact stroller.
I also know the feeling that it's a lot of money to be buying another stroller now. After two kids take my advice, a good stroller is not a waste of money even if you're only buying it for a vacation. You're worth it! The convenience in the parks is worth it! And having a small stroller on the bus is beyond a shadow of a doubt worth it!!! Take a look through the threads here and see what stroller may be good for you. I bought the Combi and I love it. Hopefully you will find the perfect stroller which will suit your needs as well.:wave:

figment3258

Our last trip our two and half year old daughter needed a new stroller and a problem i had was that she was above weight and height for her age so the 30lb limit was hard to find a nice one with underneath storage. We finally came across and eddie Bower stroller and it worked out great but now eddie bower has stopped making baby products. This stroller also had a weight limit of 40 lbs. which was prefect.

hansel1

I think we are going to take our "BIG" stroller as well. We have a Jeep Liberty limited urban terrain stroller. It is still pretty large when folded, but the only disney transportation we will have to use is the bus to Animal Kingdom. We are staying in Boardwalk villas and plan to walk through epcot and take the monorail to MK. If we go to MGM we will either walk or take the boats.

My gripes with smaller strollers are that the wheels seem to get caught on everything and the storage is limited.

The jeep has 12inch inflated wheels that cusion the ride for my son. The storage is incredibly large underneath and comes with saddlebags on each side, not to mention a compartment for my ipod that connects to the included speakers.

For as much walking that we do in disney, I want a comfortable stroller to push and the jeep seems to do the job. I will just have to deal with the animal kingdom bus.

Phonedave

I think we are going to take our "BIG" stroller as well. We have a Jeep Liberty limited urban terrain stroller. It is still pretty large when folded, but the only disney transportation we will have to use is the bus to Animal Kingdom. We are staying in Boardwalk villas and plan to walk through epcot and take the monorail to MK. If we go to MGM we will either walk or take the boats.

My gripes with smaller strollers are that the wheels seem to get caught on everything and the storage is limited.

The jeep has 12inch inflated wheels that cusion the ride for my son. The storage is incredibly large underneath and comes with saddlebags on each side, not to mention a compartment for my ipod that connects to the included speakers.

For as much walking that we do in disney, I want a comfortable stroller to push and the jeep seems to do the job. I will just have to deal with the animal kingdom bus.

Oh my lord :eek: What are you all packing in that space? iPod with speakers? WDW does have its own background music. :)

-dave

I took my graco stroller. It was a little bulky getting on and off buses, but my DS was comfortable. It had a storage basket underneat, 2 drink holder, a odds n ends holder and sunglass holder on the handle and my DS had his own tray for food and drinks. I was extremely glad we brought it with us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom