Trip Report ANOTHER LIVE TR: Your favorite lesbians are going back...for a day trip??

Greetings fellow Disney-obsessed travelers! Yes, M and I just returned from a 5-night stay at CSR last month, but we are already in the early stages of planning our next trip! This time it's looking like it will work out to be a day trip, but there's a possibility of turning it into a one-night stay.

You may be thinking, "But B, you live in NEW JERSEY! How are you going to take a DAY TRIP to Disney???"

I'm glad you asked. You may recall from our previous reports that M and I both grew up in Florida. She was born and raised there and I lived there for 18 years. M's parents still live in Florida, about a 2.5 hour drive away from the Mouse. As it turns out, our work schedules will almost definitely (*fingers crossed!*) allow us to visit them for Thanksgiving! And what's a weekend trip to Florida without at least a day at WDW??

The Cast

Me (B)
  • Mid-20s
  • Opera/classical singer and voice/piano teacher
  • MDE avatar: Snow White
  • Favorite Disney movie: Mulan
  • Favorite park: Epcot
  • Favorite rides: Test Track, Vegetable Boat Ride (aka Living with the Land), Teacups, RIP Maelstrom
DW (M)
  • Mid-20s
  • Fiction writer and academic administrator
  • MDE avatar: Elsa
  • Favorite Disney movie: Frozen or Mulan
  • Favorite park: Epcot
  • Favorite rides: Vegetable Boat Ride, RIP Maelstrom
The Plans

Wednesday, 11/25
Afternoon/evening (depending on if M gets off early or not. I'm off this day): Take either a bus or a train from New York to Philadelphia. See below to provide help with this if you're willing and able.
Night: Stay at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Phildelphia Airport

Thursday, 11/26
4:00 am: Wake up, throw on clothes, drag ourselves and our luggage down to the complimentary airport shuttle
6:35am: Flight with one stop (with no plane change)
11:10am: Land Jacksonville, get picked up by someone in M's family
Afternoon: Eat Thanksgiving lunch! We always do a late lunch instead of dinner. It's become tradition to have veggie lasagna since M and I are vegetarians and her family is Italian. Yay!
Evening: Sit around in food comas

Friday, 11/27
Morning: Might be a Disney day. We'd leave around 5:00 to make rope drop somewhere.
Night: Maybe we'll stay somewhere cheap offsite (we have APs so parking fees aren't an issue), or maybe we'll head back to M's parents' house

Saturday, 11/28
Morning: Either we'll already be in Orlando/LBV from staying the night before or we'll make this our day trip day.
Night: Drive back to M's parents' house

Sunday, 11/29
3:30 am: Leave the house for JAX
6:00 am: Direct flight to Newark
8:22am: Land and take an Uber home. Probably take a nap. Go back to the real world :(

Here's where I need your help:
  • Any advice on crowd levels and general craziness on the day after Thanksgiving v. the Saturday after? In 2013 we were in both MK and Epcot the day after; MK was miserably crowded and Epcot was nearly empty. We've never been the Saturday after.
  • People who have experience traveling between Philly and NYC: I know this isn't specifically Disney related, but do you prefer NJ Transit, Megabus, Amtrak, or something else to get between the two? Any info on fares (Megabus seems to be the cheapest option), travel time, reliability, comfort, etc., would be appreciated.
About the title: I hope we're not actually your favorite lesbians, or even close. I hope you have many wonderful lesbians friends in real life.

Last edited:

bee

Original Poster
In the car! I'm using the car time to mark up and translate an opera role I'm studying. Bonus points if anyone can guess the opera!
image.jpeg

bee

Original Poster
Spent a few hours in Epcot. Drank some beers, ate some Nudel Gratin (mmmmm), and walked from Canada to Mexico. Then we rode Soarin' for the last time in a long time. We came back to Pop for a rest and now we're headed to DHS to see the lights. Might meet up with M's mom and/or dad.

bee

Original Poster
image.png
Now we are at Epcot. Glad we were prepared for the crowds. Had FP for Living with the Land and the wait was up to 70 mins when we were leaving. Did Ellen and it was the most full I've ever seen that ride. Now we're waiting for a pretzel and then will leave the park and resort hop.

bee

Original Poster
How do you like Pop? We are staying there for the first time in about a week.
We always enjoy Pop. It's our favorite value resort and we have stayed here about four times now. It's no moderate or deluxe resort but we enjoy the fun retro theming and the price is (usually) right.

We just left Epcot and are almost to the GF where we have a brunch reservation at 1900 Park Fare. We've never eaten there as we're not really into characters but there are no characters at brunch.

bee

Original Poster
image.jpeg

Birthday cupcake with small desserts at GF brunch. Food was tasty but would rather go to Boma if paying that much. Today there were characters even though brunch is explicitly advertised as having no characters. We got a selfie with Mary Poppins and Bert.

Now resort hopping with in laws. Did Contemporary and now at Poly.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 24

bee

Original Poster
We haven't really been drinking today...until now!

(Okay, I may have had some Cabernet for breakfast...but I was just finishing off some box wine so we could throw out the box...)

So now it's time for Prosecco!! Got some BOGO at Publix. Miss those BOGO deals!

bee

Original Poster
After a delightful morning at MK we are heading back home. We just stopped for the bathroom and my FIL surprised us with gingerbread that he bought at GF yesterday!

This morning we all rode the Railroad to Fantasyland where we had FPs for Under the Sea. Then M and I rode Teacups, followed by us all having lunch at BOG (first time for MIL and FIL). We originally had a teacups FP but M and I had already ridden and in laws don't like it so I changed it to HM (and finally rode HM while wearing my HM shirt!). Next we did Philharmagic standby and then all rode Small World with FPs. Though the park felt relatively empty at the beginning of the day, by the time we left around 1:00 it was getting unpleasantly crowded (and hot). The timing was perfect and we did everything we wanted to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom