Trip Report Another Jolly Holiday ~ JOY From the World ! *COMPLETED*

At the conclusion of my last trip report
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-jingle-bam-birthday-completed.922901/
I ended with To be continued....

Well, here's the continuation. :) Though to be fair, the trips were totally different and not connected in any way except they both included Me (yep, a humble one I am!) And for the second time in a year, I left WDW only to return a week later. I am very grateful that I can visit my favorite place as often as I do and am honored that y'all follow along.

I booked this trip on a bounce back offer while vacationing last year:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/its-a-jolly-holiday-completed.909445/

And this year I may have booked a bounce back offer for December 2017. Okay, I did book. But my love/hate relationship with traveling in December and a few unknowns for the fall may cause me to cancel. Time will tell.

Ready to read about our latest adventures? There's DRAMA :jawdrop:. And ELEVATOR COOKIES :confused:. And maybe even a RED CARD ;).

Dates: December 10-15, 2016
Resort: Disney's Wilderness Lodge (duh....it's Christmas!)
Cast: Tuvalu and Woody

IMG_5522.JPG

Who's in?

LeighM

I can never figure out which park I love better - MK or AK lol. I love the atmosphere of both parks as well as the background music. However, it always feels hotter in AK than any other park. Maybe it's just me lol. I purchased the AK music CD and every time I listen to it, I am transported to the park. The only other music that makes me feel that type of happiness and giddiness is the music along Main Street and the music in the entry of EPCOT. I've tried to love HS but I just can't.

And we sat in the same room at Tusker House and it is a really tight fight when it's full. But I love the restaurant and it's one of my favorites. Although I do prefer the lunch/dinner over breakfast. However, my husband thought the breakfast was better. Not shocking considering it's his favorite meal of the day! We were lucky enough one trip to get an enthusiastic waitress who gave us a tour of the restaurant and explained a lot of the artwork, pointed out the tribute to Joe Rohde, and told us the floor was made up of soil brought in from an African country so when you stood in Tusker House you could honestly say you were standing on African soil :) It was such a cool experience!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I can never figure out which park I love better - MK or AK lol. I love the atmosphere of both parks as well as the background music. However, it always feels hotter in AK than any other park. Maybe it's just me lol. I purchased the AK music CD and every time I listen to it, I am transported to the park. The only other music that makes me feel that type of happiness and giddiness is the music along Main Street and the music in the entry of EPCOT. I've tried to love HS but I just can't.

And we sat in the same room at Tusker House and it is a really tight fight when it's full. But I love the restaurant and it's one of my favorites. Although I do prefer the lunch/dinner over breakfast. However, my husband thought the breakfast was better. Not shocking considering it's his favorite meal of the day! We were lucky enough one trip to get an enthusiastic waitress who gave us a tour of the restaurant and explained a lot of the artwork, pointed out the tribute to Joe Rohde, and told us the floor was made up of soil brought in from an African country so when you stood in Tusker House you could honestly say you were standing on African soil :) It was such a cool experience!
It is not just you....my family agrees that it feels hotter in AK than any other park. My son refers to it as the "greenhouse effect" with all the plants and humidity.

I wish we'd been given a tour of Tusker House....very cool to learn we were on African soil! I look forward to giving dinner a try.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy Birthday @Tuvalu!
Thanks for another great Trip Report.
We will be there in May as well.Hope to sneak up oops,bump into you!
Also gonna try Tusker House for the first time for ROL preferred seating.

Enjoy your day,
Cindy
Hi Cindy!
Hope our paths cross in May! I have Tusker House booked for ROL dining. Thanks for the birthday wishes. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 189580
Someone in this picture is the Birthday Girl today, but it's not me! Happy Birthday to the best mom and Disney companion a girl could ask for! :inlove:

That's a great photo of the two of you. May I also extend Happy Birthday wishes to @Tuvalu !! :happy:

Tuvalu, my birthday was last week. I'm just sweet sixteen and never been kissed! :hilarious: :p O.k. o.k. , so I'm fibbiing just a smidge :cautious:, but at least it really was my birthday last week! :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
That's a great photo of the two of you. May I also extend Happy Birthday wishes to @Tuvalu !! :happy:

Tuvalu, my birthday was last week. I'm just sweet sixteen and never been kissed! :hilarious: :p O.k. o.k. , so I'm fibbiing just a smidge :cautious:, but at least it really was my birthday last week! :joyfull:
Happy belated birthday, @MinnieM123! Like @LadyBelle said, February birthday girls ROCK! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom