Another instance of Disney NOT using the Hat as Studio's icon

MissM

Original Poster
I know these come up a lot and generally speaking, they don't mean anything, but I also know people like to be informed in instances where Disney chooses to use other park symbols as the "icon" for Hollywood Studios.

The Disney World Passholders Facebook page updated it's cover image today:

1266755_633326683398884_1050033443_o.jpg

Several people have already commented that they're using Tower of Terror in this version.

Again, I'm not even remotely trying to start a rumor, just reporting another spotting of a non-hat icon usage for those who track those sort of things. ;)

Voxel

President of Progress City
It seems to be a trend with that Facebook page. If you look at the cover history the last full cover they did like that from 2012 has those 4 landmarks. No hate in site.

SyracuseOrange

It seems to be a trend with that Facebook page. If you look at the cover history the last full cover they did like that from 2012 has those 4 landmarks. No hate in site.
Yeah - for some reason, this Facebook page in particular always does this. I wonder if it's just a Social Media Manager gone rogue who hates the BAH, and nobody higher up really checks on the page or cares.

Oriolesmagic

Well, this brings up an interesting question. If the BAH does eventually get the ax, what would you rather see as the "weenie"? The Chinese Theater or the Hollywood Tower Hotel?

Captain Neo

It's a shame they won't cut a deal with the Chinese Mann theather to use it as park icon. It makes the most sense. Also funny how the castle is the only icon in that picture without an attraction while all the other Disney parks have an attraction in & around their castles.

MissM

Original Poster
I actually really like the monorail added around Spaceship Earth which is also a bit different a look for "weenies" in marketing images. I think the image in general is pretty nice. Though I think Cinderella Castle looks a little bit Sleeping Beauty Castle-ish or at least the mash-up version they use in the opening of Disney movies.

Disney%20Logo%20with%20Castles.JPG

(Image via google images)

G00fyDad

It's a shame they won't cut a deal with the Chinese Mann theather to use it as park icon. It makes the most sense. Also funny how the castle is the only icon in that picture without an attraction while all the other Disney parks have an attraction in & around their castles.

They don't have to cut a deal. There never was an issue with that. This has been talked about countless times in other threads. No copyright issue has ever been in effect for the Great Movie Ride.

James122

The Tower of Terror makes for a much better icon than the BAH for sure, but I'd would really love for them to go back to using the Chinese Theatre someday. Move the hat to Downtown Disney, err...Disney Springs. Or they could just get rid of it like they did the Epcot wand.

The Empress Lilly

I actually really like the monorail added around Spaceship Earth which is also a bit different a look for "weenies" in marketing images. I think the image in general is pretty nice. Though I think Cinderella Castle looks a little bit Sleeping Beauty Castle-ish or at least the mash-up version they use in the opening of Disney movies.
That monorail around SSE was the first thing that caught my eye too! That looks splendid, it makes SSE look both retro and futuristic at once. It's funny what a big effect small details can have.

You're spot on about the castle, although it escaped me at first glance.

aladdin2007

I wish Turner Classic Movies would sponsor the Great Movie Ride, then it would get some real love.

Seems to be hit and miss regarding what the hat shows up on and what it does not. Theres some clothing it is on, but then some it is not. I think it has to do with some departments just not knowing one way or the other. Certainly doesnt sound like its going anywhere soon, again.

Funmeister

As much as I would like to see the hat leave (and I do believe it will in a matter of time) do not read into marketing materials as foreshadowing. Using "Tower of Terror" within the WDW montage is just bringing a marketing focus to the park. Nothing more. It is more of a "Hey, remember the studios? We have thrill ride(s)!"

montyz81

What's more interesting to me is that they didn't use the Mark VI around SSE. Instead they used a Mark III. Does that mean anything? I saint know!

Captain Neo

They don't have to cut a deal. There never was an issue with that. This has been talked about countless times in other threads. No copyright issue has ever been in effect for the Great Movie Ride.

So why don't they use it as the park icon then? I've never even seen it on park merchandise

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom