1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Another generation: Magic Kingdom (my way)

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by mharrington, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Keyblade Jedi

Keyblade Jedi Active Member

Sorry about That. I Was Busy with Other Projects and the Outside World.

IAmNotAHufflepuff likes this.
  2. mharrington

mharrington Well-Known Member Original Poster

So again, I ask: based on the basic rundown in post #140, how can we connect the scenes so they flow naturally?

3. Keyblade Jedi

Keyblade Jedi Active Member

I Have No Idea, But I Have a Brand Idea by Having the New Preshow with Audio Clips from Favorite Goofy Cartoons.

4. orlando678-

orlando678- Well-Known Member

Hmmm what about slightly changing the order like Goofy hitting two cars, goofy on the road, driving to the woods, photographing animals, goes camping, goes fishing, then he ends up surfing, lands on a golf court, where he chases his ball which he shot on the tracks of the rollercoaster, gets dizzy and finally goes back home after a long day full of excitement and fun

5. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

I was going to suggest something similar - nice!

6. mharrington

I would probably switch the golfing and surfing scenes, but other than that, good ideas.

7. mharrington

I'm thinking of doing a rethink on the Mickey-themed area in the back. I'm thinking of doing the area as a more woodsy area, to help blend more comfortably with Frontierland/Liberty Square, something like a revived version of Camp Minnie-Mickey, but more improved with actual rides and not just a few random shows and character meets.

I'm also thinking of bringing in that Mickey dark ride, Mickey's Magical Madcap Adventure: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...project-four-open-brainstorming.924777/page-4. The only challenge with that is the space necessary, which this shows here:
    [​IMG]

The space for the ride is jutting out into the parking space, which I believe is pretty important.

8. Twilight_Roxas

Twilight_Roxas Well-Known Member

Hey Marrington any plans with the Tower of Terror?

9. mharrington

You're thinking of the Studios. This is about the Magic Kingdom.

10. mharrington

I'm kind of on the fence about whether to do Mickey's Magical Madcap Adventure or Mickey's Colorfully Timeless Twist. The reason I am indecisive between the two is while they both sound appealing to me, I'm kinda favoring Timeless Twist, as it features elements of Mickey's old cartoons. But the rumor of the Great Movie Ride being replaced by a Mickey ride like this seems to make the Timeless Twist concept kind of redundant.

I'm trying to keep open on how things turn out (one idea will be still available as backup if the other concept happens), but I'd be disappointed if I didn't get to have a ride referencing shorts in the Magic Kingdom rather than the Studios, which is where the Great Movie Ride obviously is.

11. mharrington

After the D23 announcement on Parks and Resorts, I have decided to make some modifications based on that. Here's what we know:

A) The Tron coaster will not take over the Speedway, which still lives for the moment.
    B) A new Main Street theater involving live Broadway-type shows is being built.
    C) The Runaway Railway attraction is going into the Studios, replacing the Great Movie Ride, which is a shame.

Here are my plans based on that:

A) The Speedway is going to be replaced by some new things for a slightly extended Fantasyland. I won't go into details yet, but just wait. Don't get too excited about E-tickets, however, as there is no room for such here. At best it will be a B, maybe a C, but that's it.
    B) The new theater for shows may or may not replace the Mickey meet-n-greet at the Town Square Theater, but its location will likely hinder my idea for a Mickey ride on Main Street. Speaking of which...
    C) The Runaway Railway attraction is based on the new stylized Mickey cartoons, whereas my Mickey ride, which will still happen in the MK, whatever it may be, will be based on classic Mickey shorts (at least one, anyway). Maybe it will be the Madcap Circus or it could be a revival/revision of the Fun House concept. Either way, it will likely go into the Storybook Circus area, which will receive a new name and break off into its own land, independent of Fantasyland.

S.P.E.W likes this.