Another generation: Magic Kingdom (my way)

Keyblade Jedi

Before I continue on, I would like to backtrack a bit...

I'm thinking of doing something for Small World. With the Pinocchio restaurant being relocated, that clears out some space for a slight expansion. I'm also thinking of scrapping the boat system used at the ride today. Instead, it will now go with a new system recently patented by Disney: a line of boats all attached together and endlessly moving, like the old Omnimover system. It is rumored that it may be used for Shanghai Disneyland's Pirates, but it's nowhere near certain. Here's a plan for the ride with the system in action:
omnimover-patent-overview.png

According to an article on it from Disney and More...

This new patent describes the same principle, applied to boats, all linked together as you can see on the patent drawing above, and "not guided by and do not contact nearby sidewalls" at least for a part of the ride. The patent description mentions too a wave machine which could be used to propel the boats. Also mentioned in the description: "in the open bay or free-floating portion, the boats or vehicles may even be caused to traverse overland or out of water by placing ramps in the path of boats and providing pads or rollers/wheels on the bottom of the boat hulls/bodies", which for sure could make a very unique boat ride like you've never seen before.

The article argues that this system would not really work with a flume in the ride, without which the ride would not be as much fun. But if the boats are not really attached all together then it might be possible.

Anyway, I'm thinking of applying this to Small World. It will be housed in a more rustic version of the Small World palace, all carved out of wood. And there will be a slim storyline in that you are following in the footsteps of a man named Sir Walter Traverse, one of the first men to really travel the world (he idolizes Magellan). He is yet another member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, making Traverse the second member of this group to be referenced in the Magic Kingdom, after Barnabas T. Bullion at Big Thunder.

Are We Forgetting the Voice Cast for the New Pinocchio Ride?

mharrington

Original Poster
Are We Forgetting the Voice Cast for the New Pinocchio Ride?

The problem is boys who voice Pinocchio are always changing, particularly as they approach puberty, which results in their voices turning deep.

And I was thinking of having Phil Snyder, who voiced Jiminy Cricket, continue to voice the character. But then I learned stopped doing so abruptly in 2014 so he could pursue Biblical studies. Currently, he is voiced by Joe Ochman, who clearly looks relatively older than Snyder. I'm thinking maybe of having Jiminy voiced by Raphael Sbarge, who voiced Jiminy (AKA Archie Hopper) on the ABC show "Once Upon a Time".

The only real consistent I can think of is Jeff Bennett to voice Geppetto. Bennett evidently voiced the character since at least 2009, when the movie was released on DVD and Blu-Ray (Bennett voices Geppetto in some recreated deleted scenes) and when Disneyland debuted the "Magical" fireworks show (Geppetto is heard making his wish, as a segue into a segment themed to "Pinocchio"). I believe Bennett also voiced Geppetto in "Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance".

Keyblade Jedi

The problem is boys who voice Pinocchio are always changing, particularly as they approach puberty, which results in their voices turning deep.

And I was thinking of having Phil Snyder, who voiced Jiminy Cricket, continue to voice the character. But then I learned stopped doing so abruptly in 2014 so he could pursue Biblical studies. Currently, he is voiced by Joe Ochman, who clearly looks relatively older than Snyder. I'm thinking maybe of having Jiminy voiced by Raphael Sbarge, who voiced Jiminy (AKA Archie Hopper) on the ABC show "Once Upon a Time".

The only real consistent I can think of is Jeff Bennett to voice Geppetto. Bennett evidently voiced the character since at least 2009, when the movie was released on DVD and Blu-Ray (Bennett voices Geppetto in some recreated deleted scenes) and when Disneyland debuted the "Magical" fireworks show (Geppetto is heard making his wish, as a segue into a segment themed to "Pinocchio"). I believe Bennett also voiced Geppetto in "Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance".

That is a Problem with Boy Voices. I Think Tara Strong would be Better Voice of Pinocchio or Something.

The Voice Cast for The New Adventures of Pinocchio that I Came Up with:

Tara Strong as Pinocchio
George S. Irving as Geppetto (Despite that He Voice Him in Rankin/Bass' Pinocchio's Christmas which Meaning He Could Reprise his Role as Geppetto for Occasional TImes if Jeff Bennett is Busy with Other Projects)
Joe Ochman as Jiminy Cricket
Clancy Brown as Stromboli
Corey Burton as the Coachman (with Mr. Burton Imitates Paul Free's Role of the Sleigh Driver from Pinoccho's Christmas)
Joshua Rush as Lampwick
Alan Young as Honest John.

I Don't Know If I Did Good with the Voice Cast, But I Guess this might do.

mharrington

Original Poster
That is a Problem with Boy Voices. I Think Tara Strong would be Better Voice of Pinocchio or Something.

The Voice Cast for The New Adventures of Pinocchio that I Came Up with:

Tara Strong as Pinocchio
George S. Irving as Geppetto (Despite that He Voice Him in Rankin/Bass' Pinocchio's Christmas which Meaning He Could Reprise his Role as Geppetto for Occasional TImes if Jeff Bennett is Busy with Other Projects)
Joe Ochman as Jiminy Cricket
Clancy Brown as Stromboli
Corey Burton as the Coachman (with Mr. Burton Imitates Paul Free's Role of the Sleigh Driver from Pinoccho's Christmas)
Joshua Rush as Lampwick
Alan Young as Honest John.

I Don't Know If I Did Good with the Voice Cast, But I Guess this might do.

Pinocchio is not going to be voiced by a woman. That is out. But I do like the idea of Clancy Brown voicing Stromboli, although I was thinking originally of Jim Cummings.

Actually, here's my proposed list (so far):

Pinocchio: unknown so far, but maybe August Maturo (plays Auggie Matthews on "Girl Meets World")
Geppetto: Jeff Bennett
Jiminy Cricket: Raphael Sbarge (plays Jiminy/Archie Hopper on "Once Upon a Time")
Blue Fairy: Rosalyn Landor
Foulfellow: Jeff Bennett
Gideon (hiccups): Bill Farmer
Stromboli: either Clancy Brown or Jim Cummings
Coachman: unknown, but maybe Malcolm McDowell
Lampwick: unknown

Now, can we please move on here?

Keyblade Jedi

Pinocchio is not going to be voiced by a woman. That is out. But I do like the idea of Clancy Brown voicing Stromboli, although I was thinking originally of Jim Cummings.

Actually, here's my proposed list (so far):

Pinocchio: unknown so far, but maybe August Maturo (plays Auggie Matthews on "Girl Meets World")
Geppetto: Jeff Bennett
Jiminy Cricket: Raphael Sbarge (plays Jiminy/Archie Hopper on "Once Upon a Time")
Blue Fairy: Rosalyn Landor
Foulfellow: Jeff Bennett
Gideon (hiccups): Bill Farmer
Stromboli: either Clancy Brown or Jim Cummings
Coachman: unknown, but maybe Malcolm McDowell
Lampwick: unknown

Now, can we please move on here?

Yes, Please.

mharrington

Original Poster
Anyway, now we're back at Storybook Circus, which I am thinking of breaking off into its own land, but I feel that a spinner and a kiddie coaster can do only so much without another worthwhile attraction. Without something else, Storybook Circus might just as well remain part of Fantasyland, as it is right now.

I was originally thinking of retaining the tents and replacing Mickey's close gang with other, lesser-known characters to be put in the area, such as Ludwig Von Drake and Horace Horsecollar. But if the tents are waning (as the Passport 2 Dreams article on Magic Kingdom building blunders argues), then it makes no sense. And besides, the article said that the tents were there permanently, which I take to mean as they're unremovable. I don't think it's really feasible to pack in all those acts seen on the posters throughout the area, and then some, into the ride, and still retain the scenes for Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy. That was the main reason I was thinking of keeping the meet-n-greet and have the dark ride, until now, so we can spread them out a little.

Any thoughts about how to go about dealing with the problem of the tents in this area?

And please, no jokes or sarcasm.

Keyblade Jedi

Anyway, now we're back at Storybook Circus, which I am thinking of breaking off into its own land, but I feel that a spinner and a kiddie coaster can do only so much without another worthwhile attraction. Without something else, Storybook Circus might just as well remain part of Fantasyland, as it is right now.

I was originally thinking of retaining the tents and replacing Mickey's close gang with other, lesser-known characters to be put in the area, such as Ludwig Von Drake and Horace Horsecollar. But if the tents are waning (as the Passport 2 Dreams article on Magic Kingdom building blunders argues), then it makes no sense. And besides, the article said that the tents were there permanently, which I take to mean as they're unremovable. I don't think it's really feasible to pack in all those acts seen on the posters throughout the area, and then some, into the ride, and still retain the scenes for Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy. That was the main reason I was thinking of keeping the meet-n-greet and have the dark ride, until now, so we can spread them out a little.

Any thoughts about how to go about dealing with the problem of the tents in this area?

And please, no jokes or sarcasm.

It's Hard to Say.

mharrington

Original Poster
Well, my main objective is to make Storybook Circus its own land, independent of Fantasyland. But Dumbo and the Goofini coaster can only do so much.

mharrington

Original Poster
I guess I'll leave Storybook Circus for the time being. In the meantime, I'll wrap up on Fantasyland and the rundown on such:

ATTRACTIONS:
Adventures of Pinocchio, The
Cinderella Castle
Geppetto's Workshop
It's a Small World
Mad Tea Party
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The
Peter Pan's Flight To Neverland
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid

ENTERTAINMENT:
Ariel's Grotto
Enchanted Tales With Belle
Princess Fairytale Hall

DINING:
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Captain Hook's Tavern
Cheshire Cafe
Cinderella's Royal Table
Friar's Nook, The
Gaston's Tavern
Pinocchio's Village Haus
Prince Eric's Village Market
Storybook Treats

SHOPPING:
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Bonjour! Village Gifts
Castle Couture
Hundred Acre Goods
Sir Mickey's

That wraps up Fantasyland!

Keyblade Jedi

I guess I'll leave Storybook Circus for the time being. In the meantime, I'll wrap up on Fantasyland and the rundown on such:

ATTRACTIONS:
Adventures of Pinocchio, The
Cinderella Castle
Geppetto's Workshop
It's a Small World
Mad Tea Party
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The
Peter Pan's Flight To Neverland
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid

ENTERTAINMENT:
Ariel's Grotto
Enchanted Tales With Belle
Princess Fairytale Hall

DINING:
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Captain Hook's Tavern
Cheshire Cafe
Cinderella's Royal Table
Friar's Nook, The
Gaston's Tavern
Pinocchio's Village Haus
Prince Eric's Village Market
Storybook Treats

SHOPPING:
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Bonjour! Village Gifts
Castle Couture
Hundred Acre Goods
Sir Mickey's

That wraps up Fantasyland!

That's Awesome, But Mickey's PhilharMagic and It's Gift Shop is Missing.

mharrington

Original Poster
That's Reasonable. Now, What's Next for Tomorrowland?

The Pinocchio restaurant has replaced Cosmic Ray's. Not to worry, though, a new Cosmic Ray's has moved down to where the Tomorrowland stage is right now and renamed Cosmic Ray's Starliner Diner. Also, the Tomorrowland Speedway is also removed for Pinocchio in Fantasyland. The remainder of the Speedway area, the part under the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover will now become a new restaurant, known as the Futurists' Club, themed to people who viewed the future optimistically, everyone from Jules Verne to Walt Disney.

Nearby, we have the Tomorrowland Power and Light Co., which is an arcade. Last time I read, arcades have been disallowed from WDW for some reason. So it will become another shop. This exits from - you guessed it! - Space Mountain!

Space Mountain will have been radically changed! The most dramatic change is the removal of the old double-track layout, replaced by a single track, and a very long one, too, given the space therein! Also, there will be all new special effects, such as LED stars, new projections, soaring through asteroids, a floating meteor shower and many more effects. The entire lift hill segment will be redesigned to simulate the rocket vehicles ascending towards space, similar to Disneyland's tunnel. Best of all, there will be a new soundtrack in the ride, but this is much different than Disneyland. This one will have several new pieces, the first one reminiscent of the opening for the relatively obscure movie "The Black Hole" (for the lift hill), but rerecorded:

Then once in space, the music is replaced by this piece (albeit more dramatically):

Then finally, when you exit the ride and into the aforementioned shop, you hear this relatively more gentle piece, which is also at the entrance, so it's like book ends:

That's all for now! Stay tuned!

Keyblade Jedi

The Pinocchio restaurant has replaced Cosmic Ray's. Not to worry, though, a new Cosmic Ray's has moved down to where the Tomorrowland stage is right now and renamed Cosmic Ray's Starliner Diner. Also, the Tomorrowland Speedway is also removed for Pinocchio in Fantasyland. The remainder of the Speedway area, the part under the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover will now become a new restaurant, known as the Futurists' Club, themed to people who viewed the future optimistically, everyone from Jules Verne to Walt Disney.

Nearby, we have the Tomorrowland Power and Light Co., which is an arcade. Last time I read, arcades have been disallowed from WDW for some reason. So it will become another shop. This exits from - you guessed it! - Space Mountain!

Space Mountain will have been radically changed! The most dramatic change is the removal of the old double-track layout, replaced by a single track, and a very long one, too, given the space therein! Also, there will be all new special effects, such as LED stars, new projections, soaring through asteroids, a floating meteor shower and many more effects. The entire lift hill segment will be redesigned to simulate the rocket vehicles ascending towards space, similar to Disneyland's tunnel. Best of all, there will be a new soundtrack in the ride, but this is much different than Disneyland. This one will have several new pieces, the first one reminiscent of the opening for the relatively obscure movie "The Black Hole" (for the lift hill), but rerecorded:

Then once in space, the music is replaced by this piece (albeit more dramatically):

Then finally, when you exit the ride and into the aforementioned shop, you hear this relatively more gentle piece, which is also at the entrance, so it's like book ends:

That's all for now! Stay tuned!

Can I Do the PeopleMover Script Idea since I Have Good Ideas for Railways, PeopleMovers and Riverways for Disney Parks.

mharrington

Original Poster
Thanks. For example, Orac-1 (Voiced by Mike Brassell) will Say "And now the PeopleMover presents a panoramic view of the Adventures of Pinocchio.

I'd like to try and keep it in Tomorrowland as much as possible. Perhaps you could have it speak of the Futurists' Club instead.

mharrington

Original Poster
Just a quick one for the moment...

Now we have Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. It will receive its most drastic update since the final scene update in 1994. Now it will no longer be jumping just every 20 years, then 30, 40, 50, etc. years after the 1940s. Now the entire show is altered, to now jump every 40 years. I'm thinking of probably starting off, not in the early 1900s, but in the 1920s, the heretofore second scene in the show, then jump to the 1960s (which may or may not allow for some returns of the original World's Fair/Disneyland content), then to the 2000s, and then to the 2040s! But I have no idea about technology, so I'm going to leave it at that for the time being. My other alternative is to start it in the 1900s like usual, then jump to the 1940s, the 1980s and the 2020s, but that might be cutting in a little too close, and then we would be right back where we started. But in any case, the Carousel of Progress is going to updated.

Told you it was quick. Stay tuned!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom