Another Disney Parks "New Years Eve Announcement" 2012

JoeH

I coordinate lots of contests for the company I work for, actually it was owned by Disney for a while after they bought Cap Cities, anyhow we get lots of duplicate entries and as the previous poster mentioned we can sort and delete any duplicate entries. Sometimes the contest is once per the length of the contest, some are every day throughout you just have to be clear in the rules like they have. It's funny it's usually the same people that violate the rules.

Bolna

It's interesting that the sweepstakes are limited to residents of U.S. and Canada. I'm not sure how closely you follow the business side of TWDC but WDW's attendance has been falling. If it were not for increased attendance from Argentina, Brazil, and the U.K., WDW attendance would have plummeted.

Those sweepstakes are always limited to residents of certain countries. Most times it is the U.S. and Canada, sometimes they include the U.K. Being a resident of Germany I was never able to enter any of the sweepstakes they offered. If I remember correctly, even during the Years of Two Million Dreams, I would have been excluded from winning the bigger prices they gave away (luckily they did not ask where I live when they handed me my Dream Ears).

They just don't want to bother with making their contests to be in accordance with all kind of different laws. Same with DVC. I would not be able to purchase DVC points form Disney here in Germany, they don't even let me look at the website.

WDWFanDave

Tried to enter three times this morning and the site is too busy to handle the volume. I'd love to win the Cali trip since we've never been there aside from layovers at LAX. You'd think they'd have it set up to handle the rush after making a national announcement like this?

Not too surprising, though, that the site can't handle it...seems like if they couldn't handle getting some AP holders registered for FL previews, then the possibility of them being able to pull off a contest that is advertised nationally is seriously doubtful. Disappointing, yes, but not surprising, unfortunately.

PS-I hope your luck comes through (and mine, too!)...keep trying, as a trip to CA to see DL would be a great start to 2013!

This is the message you see when you enter
...You are allowed one entry per day per e-mail address. The more times you enter, the better your chances of spending some magical Disney Time with the people you love most on a vacation you'll never forget...

If it all counts as one entry no big loss, took less than 2 minutes to enter 3 times.
If you read the official rules, it states:
" Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts to register more Entries than allowed by these Rules may result in disqualification at Administrator’s sole discretion."

RSoxNo1

Let me also add this would be a bit more magical if it were the icing on the perfectly-run, well funded and maintained parks. But it isn't. If the parks were what they should be I dare say this promo would be more palatable. As it is, it can be seen as more wrongly funded fluff when the core, central, prime subject continues to decline.

PS I'm not bitter being in the UK. I'd feel the same if I lived in the US. Well, actually i'd probably be slightly different, a proud citizen and and happy with my country but I'd still not care to enter :)
Free vacations are free vacations - this is a valuable promotion. The state of the parks is a totally separate issue.

Maerj

Let me also add this would be a bit more magical if it were the icing on the perfectly-run, well funded and maintained parks. But it isn't. If the parks were what they should be I dare say this promo would be more palatable. As it is, it can be seen as more wrongly funded fluff when the core, central, prime subject continues to decline.

PS I'm not bitter being in the UK. I'd feel the same if I lived in the US. Well, actually i'd probably be slightly different, a proud citizen and and happy with my country but I'd still not care to enter :)

We have a local amusement park that features kiddie rides, a small building containing a Bible to read and a tree stump with a sign near it. Not to mention many exciting nods to Amish culture like a fake cow to milk!http://www.dutchwonderland.com/_site/attractions.html

So, even if WDW isn't perfectly run, it sure beats the crap out of any park I could go to locally or even not so locally. In other words, heck yeah I am entering the contest! Every stinkin' day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom